08-27-2016 08:12 PM
46 12
tools
    A somewhat unrelated question but why have your BT on all the time? It's a HUGE battery hog. Why not just turn it on when you're actually in the car? Or install a battery saving app that turns BT on when you make or receive a phone call (Green Power does this).
    07-25-2014 03:13 PM
    It does? I didn't know I thought it only drains the battery when it's connected.

Pro S5
    07-25-2014 05:16 PM
    It does? I didn't know I thought it only drains the battery when it's connected.

Pro S5
    Yup. Leave it on all day and look at your battery usage stats, then disable it for a day and see the difference. When BT is enabled it turns on a radio signal that draws (a lot) of power.

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app
    07-25-2014 05:26 PM
    I have the same problem as you. I don't believe it's as isolated as others are saying. I even had issues pairing with my car, but it is paired now. I have to manually connect to bluetooth every time I'm in the car, and most times it takes several tries to get it to connect manually. Very frustrating!
    08-28-2014 02:29 PM
    It's not enough to "pair" the phone to the car's bluetooth system. The car also needs to be set up to be "hands-free" (terminology used by my Subaru). Once I read the Subaru's guide on the "hands-free" system and followed the instructions, my Galaxy S5 auto connected the next time I used the car.
    09-03-2014 07:21 PM
    I got mine paired the first time but each time it pairs on starting the car you get the popup on your phone about accessing your contacts I ticked the wrong one and then it quit pairing correctly.

I had to go to the app manager and find the Bluetooth Share app and clear the cache and data items. Then re-paired it to the car and all is fine now.

The only other anomaly was when the wife and I are both in the car it stays with the last paired device. After some research on my particular car found out this was normal.
    On my last car you could set a default for this situation.
    09-09-2014 06:19 PM
    It's not enough to "pair" the phone to the car's bluetooth system. The car also needs to be set up to be "hands-free" (terminology used by my Subaru). Once I read the Subaru's guide on the "hands-free" system and followed the instructions, my Galaxy S5 auto connected the next time I used the car.
    +1
    This solved the issue I had with my outback.
    Phone automatically pairs every time now.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-09-2014 11:24 PM
    I finally found on another post here how to fix this!! Completely reinitialize your car bluetooth system so it is back to factory settings. Then reconnect the phone to the car using the controls on the STEERING WHEEL only, not the radio controls. I'm not sure why this works, but it did for my S5, and appears to work for the others who have tried it. It will now automatically connect to both my personal car and work car.
    09-12-2014 09:38 AM
    Same problem here.... Galaxy S5, bought a couple of days ago Android v 4.4.2 T-mobile... car: Subaru Forester 2014. Prior to this I have an older Windows Phone that works perfectly to reconnect by itself. It even remembers to replay the last Pandora music when I enter the car. Phone connected fine to Windows Phone. It did not work with Galaxy S5. I had to have one paired device (the car), then reconnect manually every time....
    I've got a 2014 Subaru WRX and I'm also having the same issue. It worked fine for my Galaxy Nexus. But the Galaxy S5 doesn't seem to want to connect when I start the car. No idea why.
    09-26-2014 01:26 PM
    I finally found on another post here how to fix this!! Completely reinitialize your car bluetooth system so it is back to factory settings. Then reconnect the phone to the car using the controls on the STEERING WHEEL only, not the radio controls. I'm not sure why this works, but it did for my S5, and appears to work for the others who have tried it. It will now automatically connect to both my personal car and work car.
    Will try this next.
    09-26-2014 01:30 PM
    Will try this next.
    It works!!
    09-26-2014 01:50 PM
    S4 connected everytime in range
    upgraded to S5 and had to connect to device etc. everytime got into car
    removed S4 from device list on vehicle and now S5 connects everytime
    10-05-2014 01:03 AM
    I had no problems with my Galaxy S3 and my 2013 Forrester but when I upgraded to the S5 It seems to connect and then disconnect straight away... So damn annoying. I'm sure I've got all the settings correct and it's the only device registered with the car!
    11-09-2014 03:57 AM
    I just purchased my s5. I have an 07 Mazda CX9. I deleted all old phones, paired the s5. Car mode activates when I enter and key the car. It responds when I say "Hey Galaxy" with the microphone open and ready but behaves as if it can not hear me and does nothing. I said "play ___", "call home". After waiting a moment, S5 just reverts to car mode main screen.

The s5 does not automatically link to car audio system. My car is too old to do that. In order to use car BOSE system, I have to plug it in with a male to male aux cable. But even then, with car mode engaged, "Hey Galaxy" does not respond. Not even to switch to open microphone.

I've been using several iphones with complete success by plugging the phone in the aux port with the aux cables. But no luck yet with the Samsung.

Perhaps someone out there can give me some tips or tricks or advice. Keep at it or return the thing.
    12-22-2014 07:30 PM
    I had the same problem. First phone connected automatically and new phone would not. It's not the phone. Paired to radio multiple times and wouldn't auto connect. Had to use the voice function of the radio to setup the new phone and connects automatically now just fine. Recap: phone is not problem, radio is the problem, use voice function like when setting up original phone. Fix applies to Subaru.
    06-05-2015 09:15 PM
    As far as I can see, you have an isolated issue as mine and all of people I know that have the, S5, S4 or S3 (well, all Galaxy series in a summary) connects automatically, add it should. So first thing I'd suggest you is to remove that connection and pair again, this time pay close attention to every single prompt or question it makes after you pair it, it may be possible that initially something was skipped.
    It isn't exactly "isolated" but it doesn't have to do with the fact that it's a Samsung. I have an lg g4 and I have to go in and manually connect my phone to my jbl speaker.
    07-26-2015 11:08 AM
    I had this same problem with my s4 and now again with my s5. I have a Pioneer head unit w/ BT. The fix for this for me has been distance. If I remote start my car and my phone is not within 25 feet of the car I have to cycle the BT off than back on in my s5. If I am within 25 feet the car stereo links up with the phone, though admittedly, there is often a delay. Sometimes the delay lasts up to 2 minutes. I'll get half a mile away from home, reach that first traffic light and all of a sudden Radiohead's "Creep" starts playing where I left off the night before when I got home. So is your car factory equipped with BT or aftermarket like mine?

PS I've tried numerous suggestions posted on this thread, none of which worked. Cleared cache, re-initialized the pairing, none of that corrected the issue. Even shut off all other cellphones BT's in my house and made sure none of them were interfering. It's all about distance and the fact that it's not a factory installed car stereo system as far as I can tell. If you find a fix otherwise, please let me know. Thanks
    11-17-2015 01:55 PM
    anybody have a solution for this issue, i am one that has an s5 that wont connect automatically when i get into my car. I have to toggle bluetooth off then on everytime. I usually have bluetooth on constantly.

iPhone/widows phone, once my car is on, it auto connect, but not the s5. Anybody found a solution?
    At least you don't have to redo the connection every time, my S7 makes me go through the pair process every time - including typing in my password and navigating through the radio menus
    05-11-2016 04:13 PM
    I've read several posts here where people are having the same issue as me, but do not seem to get a clear answer. I'm going to try to ask the question clear enough so that when others read, they will see this message and have an answer.

I have paired my bluetooth device to Galaxy S5. No issues.
    If I go into my settings and select bluetooth, I see my device list as the only "paired device"

EVERY morning, I have to go into my bluetooth settings and click the _only_ paired device to connect. When I do, it connects with no issues.

All I want the S5 to do is connect when it gets in range (in range since bluetooth is always on).

I doesn't do this by itself. Why?

I do not have any issues pairing. It just doesn't auto connect.

Why, why, why?
    Hello I found this post when I searched how to get my phone to automatically connect to my car's Bluetooth.

I have a Galaxy S7 Edge, I read the replies and deleting all the other phones from my cars system worked for me.

I don't know how my car had all the other phones on there.
    06-21-2016 08:28 PM
    I recently purchased the S5, upgrading from the Note2, which maintained the connection without issue. the S5 wanted me to go into settings and tap the 'paired device listing' to prompt it to reconnect every time.. gave me the absolute ****s!
    Ok fixed it... Unpair and delete it from your car.
    Then go thru the steps again to re-pair.. Watch out for the message/notification from Samsung 'SMART LOCK'. You need to agree that it's a trusted device and add to the list of trusted devices.. then it's sorted.
    07-12-2016 11:58 PM
    My old HTC ONE always connected automatically to my 2012 Corolla. Now, my Samsung Note 5 won't. I did not look at the screen on the phone when I set up the Bluetooth. Thanks for the info, I'm going to try it now.
    08-27-2016 08:12 PM
46 12