Camera Blur on Mobile Banking App (Fidelity)

chitown54

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Having an odd issue and trying to figure out if it's the app causing it or something with the camera. To summarize, when taking photos of the check, they come out blurry almost every single time. I can get a clear shot of the front of the check, but the back almost always blurs out. It does seem like when taking a photo of the back, it focuses real fast as opposed to taking a second on the front. Now I noticed some people had a similar problem with other banking apps like Bank of America.

So I'm wondering if this is the app or the phone. My other devices have no problem with taking pictures using the Fidelity app. I've messed around with the camera settings to no avail too. And as I mentioned, I have no problem taking photos of the check in the normal camera app. Is there a chance that Fidelity's app is just having issues with a new phone like the S5? That something in the new camera of the S5 is causing their photo taking system to act oddly.

Thank you for any help on this. It's driving me insane.

ACelts

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem with my Ally Bank app check deposit. Assumed it was the app, i guess i was wrong.

i'm just going to use another device to upload my checks for now but a fix to this would be very nice.

msweiland

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I've had the same problem with the Fidelity app's mobile check deposit and an S5, but I think I figured it out today. I used to have no issues with taking a picture of both front and back, then a few months ago I noticed I would have to try at least a dozen times to get the back of the check in focus. Today I tried for 15 minutes straight on different backgrounds, at different distances, and so on, and could NOT get an in-focus image. I thought it might be the lighting, so I went outside -- sure enough, in direct sunlight I got a sharp image on the first try. I'm guessing it's because there's so much less text on the back than on the front, and the wavy lines or other designs on the backs of checks might confuse the camera's sensor. But who knows.

ronnienyc

Oct 3, 2009
Visit site
Shoot in bright light - as your hands are probably blocking light that should be hitting the check anyway.

Also, make sure High Dynamic Range (HDR) setting is off on the camera. This also can cause blur in low light.

black_thorne

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Shoot in bright light - as your hands are probably blocking light that should be hitting the check anyway.

Also, make sure High Dynamic Range (HDR) setting is off on the camera. This also can cause blur in low light.

This is exactly what I have to do. I have the exact same issue with my bank app, which is PSECU. I can never get a clear picture, unless I have really bright light above me. I've found that if you can take the picture outside in the sunlight is where it's works best. Of course doing it in the day and not having a breeze is another issue.

I also had issue using the same app on my iphone. The apps just don't use the full potential of the camera apparently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox