A question about business cards and contacts

blueyzfr6

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to take a pic of the card and have it load all the info in your contacts, i.e. name, number, fax, email, website, address etc...

Last edited by a moderator:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Please do not post pictures of a business card. I am sure that you have no bad intention, but if we allow you to do it then others would start and some can be posting without the owners approval, or advertising

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
The S5 has this function built in. Open up your contacts, tap the three vertical dots in the upper right corner, and tap "Business cards." From there, just hit the + in the corner. I experimented a little bit and it seemed to work decently.

blueyzfr6

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
The S5 has this function built in. Open up your contacts, tap the three vertical dots in the upper right corner, and tap "Business cards." From there, just hit the + in the corner. I experimented a little bit and it seemed to work decently.
Exactly what I was looking for

Judy Adams

May 22, 2015
Visit site
The built in feature in the contact list is only so-so. The OCR is about equal to what I had on my desktop during the 90's. If you go this route, you will need to correct the spelling of pretty much every word by hand. It would be faster to just enter the information manually.
Can anyone recommend an app with better character recognition that can integrate with the Samsung contact list without requiring a bank robbery to pay for it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781