I Can't Open The Charging Cover Door!

chefmorry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
As a result of my horrible and disgusting habit of biting my nails, I am unable to open the charging cover door. It's horrible. I climb into bed and struggle with it every night.

I wish Samsung had put some sort of tool (like a hook or something) that was connected to the USB cord.

Anyone else having the same issue, and have any suggestions besides making sure I have a paperclip kicking around when I plug my phone in?

Posted via Android Central App

scallawag

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
As a result of my horrible and disgusting habit of biting my nails, I am unable to open the charging cover door. It's horrible. I climb into bed and struggle with it every night.

I wish Samsung had put some sort of tool (like a hook or something) that was connected to the USB cord.

Anyone else having the same issue, and have any suggestions besides making sure I have a paperclip kicking around when I plug my phone in?

I bought a wireless card for $10 to put in the back already had a wireless charger works great and it would solve your problem

chefmorry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I bought a wireless card for $10 to put in the back already had a wireless charger works great and it would solve your problem

What type of "wireless" card are you talking about? I'm confussed. And where do you keep it?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Its been said these lift the cover just enough to make the water resistance non existent.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

firsttimer44

May 2, 2012
Visit site

Man I can totally relate. I'm a chronic nail biter so getting the stupid charging door was very frustrating. I finally said screw it and took the door off by unscrewing the cover that holds the flap on. It's much easier to charge the phone now.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Man I can totally relate. I'm a chronic nail biter so getting the stupid charging door was very frustrating. I finally said screw it and took the door off by unscrewing the cover that holds the flap on. It's much easier to charge the phone now.

Problem Solving 101 professor here. :p

You didn't need the flap on older phones so there's really no need now. It is quite annoying at times I do admit.

chefmorry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I like the fact that the cover keeps the phone water resistant.

The original point of my post was that I wish Samsung had some sort of "opener" connected to the plug at the end of the charging cable. A simple hook or something would work.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully you realize that there's an actual purpose for the charger door? It's meant to waterproof the port.

I realize this but not everyone cares about that. We have used phones for years without this and had minimal to no issues so if its a hassle than remove it. If you need water resistance, not proof, leave the cover.

I'm not taking mine off but I can see why others do.

Sophia Zhao

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Wireless charging cover only can solve the problem of charging but not syncing. Actually, remove the screws is a way to solve the problem. You also can put it back if you operate properly. Don't break it. Share a link, not only tell how to remove rightly, also provide the replacement. USB Cover Flap for Galaxy S5 - Witrigs.com
Also, if you feel annoy about it, you can abandon it directly. If you want to keep your phone water resistant, you'd better deal with it carefully.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site

Yep, the only way I can open it is via one corner on my pinky nail

-Sent from Tapatalk

chefmorry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I too use a paperclip. I just wish Samsung had a little plastic clip connected to the charger end to pry it open. That was it was always there when I needed to open it.

Berhane Alazar

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
I think the charging port flip cover for Samsung Galaxy S5, is one of the dumbest things Samsung engineers have come with. Here are some of the reasons that decide to remove it by unscrewing the "Warranty prohibited" action. What warranty if it nuisance to use? You see the manufacturers will do anything and everything to avoid replacing a unit claiming that "you have violated the warranty" by removing the cover to remove the stupid flap.
1) It is silly to figure out how to removed the "Hinged" thing making sure you don't "Rip off" the flap from the hinge side even if one has "Finger nails"!
2) It was bad enough that these freaking manufacturers not to have the wisdom of offering dedicated charging docs (as option - probably at horrendous price), that one has to fiddle with a USB to mate it, now they add a silly idea of "Water proof" flap door that one has to struggle with - to add to the misery. I do not know to many people that would want to swim with their sell phone. If they do, I bet you your $600 that little flipper is not going to save your unit from water sipping in, and VOID the infamous warranty,
3, Finally, if you want to use your phone in a cradle (Dock) like I do,good luck, for that little useless flapper might be on your way from enjoying a windshield mounted GPS Navigation or video watching at home!

adnaper

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

I have a problem because I have acrylic nails which are thicker than natural. It's ridiculous it's so difficult. I can imagine a time when I'll need to recharge, but I don't have a tool lwith me.

JM21122

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. I use the corner of one of those store loyalty cards that are always on my key chain. At least there is always one with me because I usually have my keys close by. I have also used toothpicks, whatever else I can find.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1