Nervous to try s5 again.

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
So my saga continues. I did an att next plan to get the s5 shortly after it was released. Took it back because I think I had a faulty unit. I wanted to try the htc one. Loved the build quality. Hated the proportions. So I took the htc one back for an iPhone 5s. It was my phone before I did all this and I thought that's where my comfort zone was. But I'm missing the larger screen and customization of android. I am still within my 14 days from purchasing the iPhone (I guess att next let's u return it as long as it's within 14 days of getting THAT actual device) - and I'm bored. I want to try and stick with the s5 but I'm very nervous because of people having lag and camera lense breaking issues. What should I do?!

zerrisk

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Mine's fine and it's been 2 and a half weeks, so I don't know about others, but I'm enjoying this phone to the fullest.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I think AT&T is like others where you can buy a device and return it for a different device ONCE with a restocking fee. Afterwards you're stuck.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I think it's different now because people are paying full price for devices ( on the next plan ). It's not a contract. That's where the line is. I had the s5 and then the m8 and then then the 5s. So that right there is more than one return. And when I called customer care they said I have until the 13th to return the iPhone. It should be in the notes on the account. And if they don't let me do it at the store I will cause a fuss because I was told differently. I believe the one time return applies to traditional 2 year contracts.

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I think it's different now because people are paying full price for devices ( on the next plan ). It's not a contract. That's where the line is. I had the s5 and then the m8 and then then the 5s. So that right there is more than one return. And when I called customer care they said I have until the 13th to return the iPhone. It should be in the notes on the account. And if they don't let me do it at the store I will cause a fuss because I was told differently. I believe the one time return applies to traditional 2 year contracts.

Your 14 day return policy started when you got the first S5. If you are past that, you're SOL. You can raise hell all you want at the store, they won't let you exchange

alil25

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I went from the 5s to the S5 and I really like mine. I've had no problems that anyone has spoken of. I don't ever plan on going back to Apple.

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
We will see. Customer care said differently.

Yeah i'm on next as well and I tried to exchange after the 14-days. No go. I'm also a customer of ATT for 10+ years as well as multiple lines. No go. One thing I noticed that the in-store manager trumps any customer care person, since they do not have access to all details.

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Well if they don't do it I will be sure to make sure customer care DOES. Every time you call or visit the store they update the notes. I asked him to look at the line and when I could return the iPhone until and he said the 13th. Guess all I can do is try. But usually in the end, I get what I want :)

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Well if they don't do it I will be sure to make sure customer care DOES. Every time you call or visit the store they update the notes. I asked him to look at the line and when I could return the iPhone until and he said the 13th. Guess all I can do is try. But usually in the end, I get what I want :)

Me too! I love the S5. Coming from the Note 3, M8, this is the best device i've ever used.

Good luck and hopefully you'll get another S5.

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I hope so too because this iPhone 5s makes me feel blind and I want to bang my head on the wall.

I guess if they won't let me take it back I'll trade someone for a note 3 lol

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
S5 is a pretty sweet phone. I think the complaints you hear are just a few people.
Most are happy with the performance of the S5.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
How was yours faulty? You said you thought you had one but don't seem sure. Let us know so we can let you know if it was something normal or not :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Yeah i'm on next as well and I tried to exchange after the 14-days. No go. I'm also a customer of ATT for 10+ years as well as multiple lines. No go. One thing I noticed that the in-store manager trumps any customer care person, since they do not have access to all details.

Well. Just left the att store with a new s5 and paid a 35 dollar restocking fee. Maybe im just lucky.

surf1

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Had mine since launch day, no issues. No lag etc. Some may have a few issues, it happens and not specific to phone especially, hell I've had more issues with iPhones than I ever had with Android devices. All your friends could have the nicest most perfect car, then you buy one and its a lemon... there's always going to be manufacturing defects statistically.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I've had mine for a few weeks now, only issue I had was UHD video. The issue was that when I went to play back a video shot in UHD it played back at half speed even though all the settings were correct for regular recording. I reset the device and that took care of it. From what I can tell only a handful of people have had their camera glass break, one even admitted it was in her purse with her keys and everything else so it's not really the phones fault, I mean glass doesn't just break by itself. Only other bug I've heard about is with Verizon and the Camera Fail notice but they have acknowledged it and are exchanging the units. I am a little concerned about the charging port cover breaking off as it seems like a pretty bad design but you can purchase a replacement cap for $20. I have about 20 apps on my phone and don't notice any lag but I will admit I usually kill all the apps in the background once a day to help insure I don't have any lag. I have had iPhones for the last 5 years starting with the 3G and after spending just a few weeks with the S5 there is just no way I could go back to it. Have fun with your new phone!