Widgets disappear on my Galaxy S5

Angela Rovito Peck

May 7, 2014
Visit site
I have had my phone for less than a week. Yesterday I noticed that the time/weather widget and my s - calendar widgets keep disappearing. I swipe to the magazine and back and they return... then a few minutes later...gone again. I am not sure why this is happening but it is very frustrating.... any help would be appreciated.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have had my phone for less than a week. Yesterday I noticed that the time/weather widget and my s - calendar widgets keep disappearing. I swipe to the magazine and back and they return... then a few minutes later...gone again. I am not sure why this is happening but it is very frustrating.... any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to the forums.
You can try clearing the cache from the SCalendar. Go to Settings>Application Manager>swipe over to all apps>scroll down to SCalendar and click clear cache.
Hopefully that helps.

sirmaru

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
If you do a long hold on a widget or an app, the Menu Page compresses with other Menu Pages showing on the bottom. If you accidently move your finger, the widget will move to a different Menu Page.

One must hold the s5 carefully as to not trigger this effect. If you move a widget or app my accident, swipe your Menu Pages, find the missing widget and move it back to the proper Menu Page.

If you moved it to the Trash Can on top of the compressed Menu Page, it will be back among your apps.

Shafira Anindita

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Happened to me too. Try hold on any space at your home screen (or try the previous location of the widget), there will be options for wallpaper, widget and home screen settings on the bottom. Choose widget, select the widgets by your choice and drag onto the home screen. Hopefully it helps.

bIOforger

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Happens for me as well for other widgets, i think its an issue/bug with the launcher, Nova Prime in this case, or maybe the widget and the launcher, when it happens i just restart the launcher.

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Not unique to any launcher as it happens on the stock launcher also. It's a known issue to Samsung ... they say they are working on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

Trevor Morgan

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Cleared cache, then defaults, then Force Stopped the Weather app. Had to find it under Settings>Applications>Application Manager>All>Weather, showed up at the bottom of the All list. After that it still did not show up. I went to the home screen and tried to add it but it said it was already on there. I held my finger on the home screen and then let go when it popped up the options. Held on the home screen again and saw that I could delete the home screen.

I moved all the icons off, deleted the home screen which reassigned the home screen to the screen just right of the home screen. Then I noticed my Weather widget showing up a few screens to the right, in a previously empty one. I moved the Weather widget back to the new home screen and all the icons back to where they were. Took a few minutes but it's working again. :)

Linda Whitsitt

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
I pressed where it used to be at the top of the screen until the menus for Remove, Wallpapers, Widgets, Home Screen Settings came up, went into widgets, found Weather (last widget), pressed on it and it appeared back on my screen. I then just had to move it up over the google play bar.

Kimmerlyannn

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
In order to update the weather widget you have to have location on, then refresh it. Icon is bottom right of widget. Stinks that you have to do it that way my s4 wasn't like that!