Upgrade or not?

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded and am glad that I did. The couple of things about the S4 that I thought were missing or not up to par were fixed with the S5. Screen brightness and outside viewing being a big one. This screen is amazing. Power saving mode is a definite plus and the battery life is crazy. I am getting 30 hours with moderate to heavy usage in between charging. Touchwiz is also a ton better although I use Nova Prime thanks to the S4 touchwiz being lackluster. The S4 is a great phone but the S5 has the improvements that were needed to really make it a premier phone. IMHO.

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I previously had an S4 and upgraded to an S5. It all boils down to you whether you think it's worth upgrading from an S4 to an S5. I suggest going to your local mobile store and play with the S5 that is on display. Personally, it was worth it for me. Battery life lasts way much longer than on my S4 (I probably had a defective battery on the S4)

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I'd say if you are happy with the S4, then just keep it. I know it's hard to see new phones come out and not get one, but I'm juggling three devices right now and having trouble settling on one (no pun intended).

You could always get it, and take advantage of the return policy if you don't like it. You'll get a restocking fee unless you go to a place like BestBuy.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I previously had an S4 and upgraded to an S5. It all boils down to you whether you think it's worth upgrading from an S4 to an S5. I suggest going to your local mobile store and play with the S5 that is on display. Personally, it was worth it for me. Battery life lasts way much longer than on my S4 (I probably had a defective battery on the S4)

This! I was hesitant but glad I did the switch.

Posted via Android Central App

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
If I upgrade I'll probably do it through the edge program at Verizon, but instead of trading in my S4 I'll activate my mom's Razr on my line and trade it in. She gave me the RAZR when I gave her an S3.

This way I can keep my S4 as a spare phone.

TechGod2014

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I would wait. I should of waited, I already had the moto x and the 5s before getting this phone and I'm already thinking I should of waited for the note 4 or the iPhone 6.

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

JWG2011

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
First question is are you wanting to upgrade because there is something wrong with your S4 or just because you have that itch? Sounds like it's just the itch because you stated you would keep the S4 as a back up phone. If you are not sold on the S5 than I would say wait, as hard as it may be, for Black Friday to upgrade your phone. This would give you a chance to A) Save some money on your new phone as they usually have sales you can participate in and B) you can try out all of the different phones and pick the one you like best. The G3, iPhone 6, moto x+1 , M8 and the S5 (plus whatever other phone I'm missing) should all be at your local store for you to play with. As a bonus there should be plenty of comparison articles pitting these phone against each other so you should have a better understanding of the pro's and con's of all of this years flagship phones and what they each bring to the table.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463