Do live wall papers take a lot of battery?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah they still use more than a standard one.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Thought so....,yesterday in 12 hours my phone used only 15% and today in 5 hours its used 15%

It is mainly due the processor constantly having to run the wallpaper versus just showing a static image which is basically nothing for the processor. I use the pure black one from AC (Pure Black Wallpaper | Android Central) on my phone.

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
It is mainly due the processor constantly having to run the wallpaper versus just showing a static image which is basically nothing for the processor. I use the pure black one from AC (Pure Black Wallpaper | Android Central) on my phone.

I've heard about using black. My live wallpaper is so beautiful though lol.....6 hours and I am down to 77% though....going to use it for a few days then switch back to something static and try to gauge the loss.

natefish

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I think it still depends on which one you're using. I use Muzei with the dropzei plugin (for Dropbox photos) and it updates every hour. I don't notice much difference between that and a static wp.

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I think it still depends on which one you're using. I use Muzei with the dropzei plugin (for Dropbox photos) and it updates every hour. I don't notice much difference between that and a static wp.

Are you talking about a widget?

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Is the usage the same from day to day? And even if it does use more battery, does it affect how you use your device? If not, enjoy the wallpaper and don't worry about the battery.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I've heard about using black. My live wallpaper is so beautiful though lol.....6 hours and I am down to 77% though....going to use it for a few days then switch back to something static and try to gauge the loss.
I also use pure black wallpapers for everything

Amoled displays save energy when using black Becuase each individual pixel has its own power source, and with black, it doesn't even light up
Just curious, seems like they did in the past, wondered if they were still considered battery killers.

Yes. They sure are

-Sent from Tapatalk

JS_racer

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
depends on the lwp, some i would suspect are much worse than others on the battery,
look at the battery stats, should show how much.

the ones i use are very light on resources in 24 hours, battery use is .03% cpu 1min 31sec for the app itself.

chefmorry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
What about widgets? How much battery life do they consume?

I just added both The Android Central widget and the Connectedly widget to Nova Launcher. Curious as to how much more battery they will consume.

The only other widget I have going is Transparent Weather (which doesn't update often as I tend to keep location off most of the time).

disneyf1

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
depends on the lwp, some i would suspect are much worse than others on the battery,
look at the battery stats, should show how much.

the ones i use are very light on resources in 24 hours, battery use is .03% cpu 1min 31sec for the app itself.

Hey JS,

Where do you find the battery sipper LWP you mentioned?

Thanks
Oz