Can't dismiss the built in sms popup?

JimA

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I like the s5 built in text message popup option, but I don't see any way to dismiss a text without actually opening it up. It would be great if pressing the X would dismiss it. But if you have reminders on, the popup comes back on... What am I missing?

diamondRanch

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I like the s5 built in text message popup option, but I don't see any way to dismiss a text without actually opening it up. It would be great if pressing the X would dismiss it. But if you have reminders on, the popup comes back on... What am I missing?

I also would like to have a reminder IF I missed the first text, but pressing X to dismiss does not make the text read for me either. But I haven't played with it extensively. I download the app GlowFly for my pop-ups and you can also have reminders, but pressing Dismiss will mark the message read and will not pop up again. Plus with this app you also get the mms picture preview on the pop-up. I really like it alot. I know handcent and gosms have the popups with mms previews, but I haven't had good luck with 3rd party sms apps, so I like I can use the stock app but have a good pop-up :)

covard

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
There is a setting when you are in messaging (not in system setting) where you select whether or not the messages are marked as "read" on Close. There is also a setting for repeat reminder.

I hope that helps.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
There is a setting when you are in messaging (not in system setting) where you select whether or not the messages are marked as "read" on Close. There is also a setting for repeat reminder.

I hope that helps.

I can't find that setting, I have the T Mobile version, what's yours?

covard

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Sorry. I am on Verizon. I am using their Message+ app. I looked at the Samsung Message app and I don't see anything there either. Maybe someone will be able to answer for you.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site

I'd like to know as well

-Sent from Tapatalk

JimA

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I have Verizon too. I started using it because you can dismiss the popup and it will be marked as read.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I have Verizon too. I started using it because you can dismiss the popup and it will be marked as read.

If you dismiss the popup, it marks it as read, but the notification is still in the notification bar

-Sent from Tapatalk

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
In Verizon Message+, you can close the message and the notification disappears.
View attachment 117316

Not with sprint
eba5yzyz.jpg

-Sent from Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance