Unlock Screen and ads comes on everytime unlock screen... Help!

DonRico71

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Every time I unlock my Galaxy S5, the first thing comes up is an ADS and I could not figure out how to get rid of it. Any suggestions? Thanks!

BadgerVadge907

May 3, 2014
Visit site
DELETE all the games, useless apps, etc...its usually from an app you downloaded.

- - - Updated - - -

also check what is running with a task manager before deleting everythign

Bob Hutko

May 1, 2015
Visit site
This happened 9 my daughter's galaxy tab. Turned out to be a program called "Selena Gomez dress up". I think it can be anything. I tracked it down using lookouts ad network scanner, which didn't do much but list all of the apps that use ad networks. This one was using MoPub. I deleted apps one at a time starting with the sketchiest sounding and tried putting the tab into standby and then unlocking after each one. The difference was immediate and obvious when I found it. I'm not 100 percent sure, but the ad network scanner seemed to show more programs than my apps in Google play store. Good lucThis happened 9 my daughter's galaxy tab. Turned out to be a program called "Selena Gomez dress up". I think it can be anything. I tracked it down using lookouts ad network scanner, which didn't do much but list all of the apps that use ad networks. This one was using MoPub. I deleted apps one at a time starting with the sketchiest sounding and tried putting the tab into standby and then unlocking after each one. The difference was immediate and obvious when I found it. I'm not 100 percent sure, but the ad network scanner seemed to show more programs than my apps in Google play store. Good luck. Just uninstall things one at a time until you find it. Make a list of what you uninstall if you don't want to forget.
k. Just uninstall things one at a time until you find it. Make a list of what you uninstall if you don't want to forget.

Advice101_Koby

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Every time I unlock my Galaxy S5, the first thing comes up is an ADS and I could not figure out how to get rid of it. Any suggestions? Thanks!
incase you havent fixed it yet i just got the same problem download norton security its free scan for maleware allow app permissions and let it delete the app it will not tell you what app but it is now working for me (sorry im 2 years late)

DEMOLISHER51

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Well since this is the first thing that comes up when you search for the problem I thought I should post my "adventure" with a simular program. In my case there was no app showing in the apps menu in setting, it didn't show up at all, it didn't come up in task manager as well even tho there were full screen ads that redirect me to other ads. I'm sure that this is a newer way to avoid detection, it appeared as a blank box in devise administrators in the security menu. I disabled its administrator privileges, but I still had no way of finding it, it didn't show up not even as a blank space in the apps menu. Then I downloaded app brain ad detector from the Google play Store (it's free) it basically shows what apps are permitted, if they have ad networks and SDKs. It checks all apps and sorts them by risk so Facebook, messenger and so on are shown as risky too. The funny thing is that it showed the program that opens ads when I unlock the screen as risk free, a blank box with no description is safe apparently :D no matter what is important is that it showed it so I could finally uninstall it. So I recommend if you can't seem to find the app that is causing you problems, download app brain ad detector from the play store, it could help. BTW I know I sound as a scammer for the app, but it really saved me. Good luck to anyone with the same problem ;)

danielrose

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
I'm not usually one to bother commenting on these forums, but I wanna thank you! I had this problem with ads opening every time I unlocked my phone; basically, I downloaded some stupid game hack and absent-mindedly gave it Administrator permissions. I downloaded AppBrain and, just like you, saw a blank app (no name or logo) with Administrator permissions. Deactivated those and then uninstalled the rogue app, all through AppBrain - and problem solved!

Thanks!

Daniel

Barakut

Jan 1, 2017
Visit site
Hello Friends ! I had the same problem to on my micromax Q 480 ( Android 6.0 marshmallow ) and NO APP could detect the problem foe me so i did it in another way see what to do when u unclock the screen and see the add click the "recent apps button" (one of the three buttons other than home and back on the bottom of the screen) u will get to see the app name thats the reason for this annoying problem then cross the add one more time go to "settings" and then apps and then find the app name click on it and then click "clear data" ik this will clear all the memory of the app but its the only way don't worry it won't delete it tho just erase all the memory and also the malware/ virus after that go back to homescreen close the phone lock it wait unlock it and DONE! idk about others sorry if it ddnt work but it worked for me!!!! :) cheers ! Hope it helps

god222

Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
try this as well ... settings /advanced settings/security/ and click on device administrators ... disable anything that seems unusual... i then deleted it /deactivated it... mine was a blank un named item.. on my tablet

Anurag Dongre

Apr 18, 2017
Visit site
I have same issue with my BlackBerry DTEK50....it turns out that one app I purchased from Google store...and along with it a spam has been installed.

Unknown app without any icon in ap drawer, whenever I unlock my mobile that app displays ad.

I removed it with Norton Antivirus..

anbu12

Jan 11, 2018
Visit site
I have a 100 % Cure Solution.
First go-to settings
And now go-to Apps
Now you see the apps that you installed and
Now you can see one app with no image ..you should uninstall the app
(When you uninstall the app the app show the following message:
This app is active with administrator and it will perform the following process.deactivate and uninstall)

Uninstall it . Done.Your Mobile is Safe.

Ezhil ezhilan

Mar 28, 2018
Visit site
First go-to settings
And now go-to Apps
This app is active with administrator and it will perform the following process.deactivate and uninstall)

Synester

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
First go-to settings
And now go-to Apps

Yiu are my new best friend I've been dealing with this for a week driving me crazy! Thank you!