08-28-2016 12:36 AM
45 12
tools
    same here just tested stuck on downloading whilst connected to wifi
    but can get it if not connected to wifi using s5 galaxy on AT&T
    09-11-2014 02:42 PM
    same here just tested stuck on downloading whilst connected to wifi
    but can get it if not connected to wifi using s5 galaxy on AT&T
    That's the Carrier's doing. With Sprint, I was able to send and receive MMS over wifi. Verizon doesn't allow it, only while 4g data is on. It will show downloading until your actual 4g is turned on.This is why I use Chomp sms because it toggles data on long enough to handle MMS and then it's turned right back off.

from "Ms Note 3"
    09-14-2014 07:15 PM
    I just realized this tonight about pics downloading while on wifi, I kept hitting download and NOTHING.. So annoying!
    09-25-2014 07:12 PM
    Have tried everything that has been posted. It is about time somebody just said that Android/Samsung is just poor, but there is ever an issue when ads and crap that I just do not want is sent to me at anytime. If I provided such poor service/products, I would be sacked. We should all bin our phones and let them starve.
    10-18-2014 12:00 PM
    Have tried everything that has been posted. It is about time somebody just said that Android/Samsung is just poor, but there is ever an issue when ads and crap that I just do not want is sent to me at anytime. If I provided such poor service/products, I would be sacked. We should all bin our phones and let them starve.
    Sorry to hear that's things aren't working for you. It may be time to go to Verizon and let them see why it's not working. If you've turned on mobile data (4g) and are still aren't able to send/retrieve mms, then Verizon is your next stop.

from "Ms Note 3"
    10-19-2014 10:36 AM
    "Activate Mobile Data" is NOT a solution! This simply disables the wifi and uses the cell tower to send the text. If you are in an area where there is no cell service, but you have wifi, you should be able to send mms messages over wifi only, which you solution does not solve!
    10-30-2014 10:14 AM
    "Activate Mobile Data" is NOT a solution! This simply disables the wifi and uses the cell tower to send the text. If you are in an area where there is no cell service, but you have wifi, you should be able to send mms messages over wifi only, which you solution does not solve!
    I am on Verizon and correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure MMS and Texts use the Cell data not WiFi.. That is why folks have unlimited texts on their data plan. Not sure about the other carriers but Verizon (unless it has changed lately) allows texts/MMS through data only..

Maybe when Verizon implements WiFi calling, they will allow texts/MMS to go through WiFi..
    10-30-2014 11:07 AM
    It is a carrier limitation that is why he suggested doing it this way. The carrier has to support MMS over WiFi for it to work.
    10-30-2014 11:07 AM
    I have the problem where I have data ON and wifi ON and I try to send the MMS, it won't send until I turn OFF wifi. The mms just hangs and eventually fails.

Anyone knows what's up with this?
    11-26-2014 11:51 AM
    I use Chomp sms just for this exact reason. Verizon doesn't allow MMS over wifi and with a"limited" data plan, I don't leave 4g data running continuously. With Chomp sms, in their settings for MMS, there is an option that you enable it to turn 4g data on automatically just for those few seconds to "send and receive MMS" and then it turns your 4g data back off with you not having to toggle anything. This is a big plus when people send me MMS because the app downloads everything automatically. Textra is a scaled down version of Chomp sms from same devs and does the same thing.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.p1.chompsms
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/31/e6agyha3.jpg

from "Ms Note 3"
    Im using the stock messaging app. my data isnt on I get mms notification. it wont automatically download but it a have an option to download. I push it data clicks on mms downloads data turns itself off. Without doing it manually. And im on at&t.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-26-2014 02:39 PM
    Im using the stock messaging app. my data isn't on I get mms notification. it wont automatically download but it a have an option to download. I push it data clicks on mms downloads data turns itself off. Without doing it manually. And i'm on at&t.

Yup, and that is why I am using Textra.... I was previously using Chomp by the same developers and prefer the Textra GUI.

If you note my signature, data is always off until I unlock the phone..... and then, most of the time, I have data turned off as a matter of routine.

Like you, I have a limited data plan and don't want data to get used needlessly if WiFi is anywhere around me.
    11-26-2014 04:24 PM
    Download Google's "hangouts" app. MMS, SMS, even voice on WiFi.

Galaxy S5 Verizon Android 5.0 / Nexus 7 WiFi android 5.0.2
    02-03-2015 07:00 PM
    Ive been having the same problem for two weeks on both my at&t s5 (on contract) and my verizon s5 ( rooted). For me it turned out to be the addblock plus app. I wont touch the internet on a pc without it, so naturally i installed the app on my two S5's, prior to ever having sent a picture message. So when nether phone could send or recieve a phone i thought it was maby a design flaw or bug. Nope. Was my darn addblock plus app for me.
    02-18-2015 02:44 PM
    using app based mms or sms on the at&t network some sort of data is required, be it mobile data or wifi because messages are routed over a data connection
    07-22-2015 12:09 AM
    No getting around not using data for mms if the carrier doesn't allow you to do it over wifi. As I said in a previous post, a third party app is my workaround. I don't want my data on constantly with my limited data plan so I use Chomps sms because it toggles my data on just for the few minutes to handle my mms messages and then it turns my data off when it's finished. Been using Chomps sms ever since I switched to Verizon over 2 years ago.

from "Ms Note 3"
    07-22-2015 02:40 AM
    I had been having this issue w handcent. MMS works fine on textra and stock messaging but I find both of those boring. Question about chomp, which I have tried in the past, can you do threaded group messages? I haven't been able to do that successfully that's why I have been using handcent. I did turn on, turn on data for a mms.... I will see I'd that helps.
    Thanks

07-22-2015 08:25 AM
    If threaded means everyone in the group replies show up in the same conversation then yes. If I'm having a group chat with my sis and bro then our subsequent replies all show up within the same chat. Hope I answered your question.

from "Ms Note 3"
    07-22-2015 09:57 AM
    Thanks. I was talking g about chomp. I gave it a try a d I do t like the ads in the inbox.

07-22-2015 11:40 AM
    Thanks. I was talking g about chomp. I gave it a try a d I do t like the ads in the inbox.

Yes I am referring to ChompSms. Love it. Been using it for several years. I do have paid version because I don't like ads in my apps.

from "Ms Note 3"
    07-22-2015 12:51 PM
    i can receive sms messages but cant send nomore through wifi since the otha day please help Najah
    08-28-2016 12:36 AM
45 12