Galaxy s5 Geo news alert native app Trouble

CougarRay

May 6, 2014
Visit site
On my new galaxy S5 modelSM-G900F I have the native app geo news and alerts . Works well with my gear 2 . While I was in Thailand it alerted me of several large earthquakes nearby . Loved it . Also can send notices to contacts if you need help -- great . However , now that I am in USA , Oregon - it is stuck on my location in Thailand . Reboot , new sim and provider , dis-able and re-able , nothing seems to tell it I am now on the other side of the planet . Useless here . I am stumped . Any suggestions on this ?? :'(

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
You May like being alerted.
But for me. I do not want to receive any alerts for anything.
If I did I would of downloaded a app for it.
Don't want to know if a kid 100 miles from me and farther has been lost and it to wake me up at nite.
My phone is for my convince and not for people or companies to alert me.

I've been looking at how to Unstall the whole app.

Dave W3

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I feel you man, I hate it! Every time I turn my GPS off the dam app yells at me to turn it back on. WANT TO REMOVE IT SO BAD.

Just found this. samsung(dot)))com/uk/support/skp/faq/1043326

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

rickbossen

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Samsung continues to ignore its American users by forcing us to use apps we don't want. I don't care if Pakistan has a sunami. The US has plenty of problems of its own. Can you say tornados? As a direct result of this stubborn policy, the S5 will be the last Samsung product I buy. I recently read you can opt out of "Geo Weather" by going to settings, click on safety, add an emergency contact, then opt out of Geo (click "no"). Be sure to click on Geo while in safety and agree to the legal disclaimer agreeing to opt out of Geo. Then recheck the "no" box is still checked. If it says "yes", click "no". Done.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze