horrible black screen hangups

stanleydaman

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
SO basically as the title says...i've gone through 4 S5s now but the problem remains. Within a week my phone stops behaving normally and I keep getting those black screen hang ups. I have done everything (searched around forums and did everything people experiencing this problem have tried) but the problem still remains. This is the last phone I will ever purchase from Samsung. Coming from galaxy nexus I am ashamed that Samsung would release this phone in this state. With my recent S5 that I replaced a week ago, I decided to install a custom rom (alliance) to see if the problem would persist and it does. As of right now there is NO solution.
PS..i have even switched from Dalvik to ART but the problem still remains. I'm disappointed, I really did love this phone and bought it the very first day it was released!

If anyone has done anything to make this problem go away successfully however, please do not hesitate to share it with us all!

puremeerkat

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
If you've gone through that many devices the issue is possibly on your end. Maybe one of the apps you've installed has gone rogue, etc.

Posted via Android Central App

stanleydaman

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
that's what I thought but ive gone through not installing any new apps on my devices just to see if the problem was on my end. But within a week those black screen will appear. And as much as I am a fan boy ive noticed Samsung have been plagued with this hang up a lot. I went in to talk to best buy and they told me im not the only one having these issues. Maybe this is a more Canadian thing I dunno. At this point im pretty ticked off and don't really care. Time to go on my Samsung nexus until a worthy phone comes out.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Black screen hangup? As in its off and hangs up?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
SO basically as the title says...i've gone through 4 S5s now but the problem remains. Within a week my phone stops behaving normally and I keep getting those black screen hang ups. I have done everything (searched around forums and did everything people experiencing this problem have tried) but the problem still remains. This is the last phone I will ever purchase from Samsung. Coming from galaxy nexus I am ashamed that Samsung would release this phone in this state. With my recent S5 that I replaced a week ago, I decided to install a custom rom (alliance) to see if the problem would persist and it does. As of right now there is NO solution.
PS..i have even switched from Dalvik to ART but the problem still remains. I'm disappointed, I really did love this phone and bought it the very first day it was released!

If anyone has done anything to make this problem go away successfully however, please do not hesitate to share it with us all!

This might be the firmware problems
update your phone Vie Kies
after update go to recovery and clear cache then data

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
hey sorry but where is recovery located in? I went into account backup area but didn't see any recovery or clear cache

The first thing to do is to power off your Android smartphone.
In order to shut down your Galaxy S5 you can either press the power button and select “power off” or you can press and hold the power key for more than 10 seconds.
Wait a few seconds and then complete the steps from below.
Press power, volume up and home buttons at the same time, simultaneously.
Keep pressing these keys until recovery mode is being displayed on your Galaxy S5.
In recovery mode, use volume up and down buttons in order to scroll up and down; also use power button in order to select your option.
You can then reboot into Android by selecting “reboot system now”.

princessara0424

May 9, 2014
Visit site
,I want a games like diner dash,wedding dash because my baby girl want it to games in my phone but it is not full version.so that I want to get and know how to download a game that it full version for free..

Sent from my SM-N9006 using AC Forums mobile app

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
,I want a games like diner dash,wedding dash because my baby girl want it to games in my phone but it is not full version.so that I want to get and know how to download a game that it full version for free..

Sent from my SM-N9006 using AC Forums mobile app

this is not the place for full version games

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo