Anyone come from note 3?

academy

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I recently left iphone and came over to android with a note 3. Love the phone but starting to feel its just a bit too big. Just wondering if anyone has gone from note 3 to the s5 as I'm thinking about it but not sure. I'm hearing good things about the battery and camera, both of which are important to me.
For a second I even thought about the iPhone 5s as I have iPads,iMacs, MacBook and Apple TV and do miss the way they all worked together with my phone, but I can't stand the iphone battery and the screen is to small now I've been using the note.

Also, if I do switch to the s5, how easy is it to transfer my data from the note to the S5?

Thanks

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I came from a Note3. I had the Note3 since launch day and I absolutely loved that phone. I don't think the S5 is an upgrade in anyway. I kind of miss the Note3 screen size.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I have been back and forth with a Note 3 and S4 and S5, and I would be really happy with the S5, IF we could just get 32GB of storage, is that too much to ask for. The Note 3 is a great phone but on the big side which annoys me but the S5 has too little storage.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Yep, the wife went from the Note 3 to the S5. She's digging it and doesn't really miss the Note 3. She's in the medical field and the Note was a bit big to carry on her hip. She will use the S5 until the next big thing come out. I'd say go for it!

Posted via Android Central App

academy

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, I've swayed one way then the other so many time in the last couple of days!

I asked in store about the memory and they said it shouldn't be a problem as I can move my photos, videos and other bits to the Sd card. Is this the case?

Is the camera that much better with the s5?

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Not sure. My coworker just got an S5 and I have the Note 3. Side by side there isn't that much of a size difference. Not enough for me to loose all the positives about the Note 3

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
You can move most apps, but only parts of the apps. In reality I d/l about 1.5GB of apps and was able to move just under 1GB to the SD card, leaving me with about 10.2GB of space. Is it really enough, sure it could be but since a 32GB device only costs about $50 more retail its insulting to our intelligence and early adopters to even launch a 16GB phone from Samsung given how little room they leave. If the S4 was worth it I would get one just so I could have 32GB of storage, but the updates are enough to justify going S5.

JaneGI

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I come from the Note 3... I was gonna hang on to get the Note 4 later this year... but I'm a bit of a cellphone ****... so needless to say ... I could not wait and got the S5... I am so loving it...

I love the size of the Note's, but I must say, the S5 is a little smaller and I'm loving it so far...
I have nothing bad to say about the S5... I will probably still get the Note 4... maybe next year... but for now.. totally head over heels with my S5

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I was over My Sister house yesterday, she just got the S5 (after having a iPhone 4 for several years) and help her with the learning curve on her new device. I can honestly say I like my Note3 much better. The S5 is a very nice Galaxy and I luv the water resistance concept, but the size of the Note3 and S-Pen (and other little things) have me glued to my Note3 until the Note4 is released and is not worth the device change to ME. IMHO the S5 is NOT an upgrade from the Note3.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I left the iPhone after 5 years and was in the predicament of Note 3 or S5. Note 3 is slightly bigger and each phone has it's pros/cons but it was the size of the S5 that made me choose it. The Note 3 just felt a little too big in my hands when holding it and talking on it. IF I were going to be using the phone for business then I would have dealt with the size and gone for the Note 3 because I think it's better suited with the slightly larger display and more memory but that wasn't the case for me.

academy

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies, I'm thinking I may just stick with the note for a bit. Just need to keep away from the phone shops until the urge for a new gadget goes! !

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I really like the specs of the Note 3...especially the 3 gb of RAM....however the screen size is just too large for me. The screen size is great for media, but ridiculous when talking on it unless you use bluetooth.

selena650

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I currently have the note 3... but im planning on upgrading to a different phone. I had gs4 and thought it was to big at the time and look I have the note lol.. well im running to the same probably. The size and weight over takes my purse. The galaxy s5 is good but its the storage. I tend to get really into apps and currently have over 500+ apps. Im thinking of the htc one m8 since thats the only flagship phone that has 32GB of storage or a smaller phone thats portable that has atleast 32GB storage.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I to have thought a bout the note 3:but I also like the lumia 1520 which I really like with the extra money I pick up a used HTC m7 once the note 4 comes out the price on the note 3: will go down then I'll get one as well

Posted via Android Central App