4.4.3 Coming Later This Month...

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
...Maybe a fix for all the battery use issues (location, Android System) many of us seem to be having.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Android 4.4.3, KitKat Update Release Date for Samsung Galaxy S4, Galaxy S5: May 2014 Launch : In the news : breathecast

Although Google is expected to release the Android 4.4.3 KitKat updates for the Samsung Galaxy S4 and Galaxy S5 sometime this month, the precise date of their launch is yet to be announced.
In fact, the Mountain View-based tech titan is also expected to release the Google Play editions for many other smartphone manufacturers, including LG, Sony, HTC, and Motorola at the same time.

According to a recent report, while international variants are expected to receive the Android 4.4.3 updates in either May or June of this year, carrier-based models should get it later but before 2015.
Like Us on Facebook
In fact, the new firmware was seen passing through Bluetooth SIG certification. The listing divulged that it will be available with software labeled KTU72.S1.3013. The KTU72 part is actually a build name for Android 4.4.3.
HTC ROM developer, leakster and LLabTooFer claim that the much-anticipated firmware that will augment the performance of smartphones as well as fix bugs, such as reboots, and problems related to Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity is likely to be released in May.
While LLabTooFeR had tweeted in April that "KTU84F should be final Android 4.4.3 build. It's coming on Nexus and Google Play edition devices soon," last month, leakster also asserted on its website that "Android 4.4.3 (KTU84F) is under final tests and latest flagships like M8 and M7 will get 4.4.3 in near future."
According to latest reports, Google will first make the Android 4.4.3 KitKat updates available for Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 and subsequently release the firmware for devices manufactured by LG, Sony, HTC and Motorola.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I dunno, as of 2 days ago I now have the S5 and am hopeful, but for some reason I don't see this coming out until at least mid-summer for us. They have to get all the Google devices and GPE's out of the way before they will even look at us. This is a confirmation of 4.4.3 at best.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't see it happening in May not on any US carrier based non-nexus device. It takes months for them to approve anything. I mean Verizon still hasn't approved 4.4.2 for the Note 3.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't see what battery drain issue. I get 15-20 hours between charging

Posted via Android Central App

There is a bug with the camera that Google has acknowledged will be fixed with 4.4.3. It must be extremely hard to reproduce because it took them quite a while to fix it.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm at 17+ hours and 66%. Light usage but that's normal for me. The majority has been surfing and exploring my new phone.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
There is a bug with the camera that Google has acknowledged will be fixed with 4.4.3. It must be extremely hard to reproduce because it took them quite a while to fix it.

Can you elaborate? I hadn't heard. Is it something that affects all cameras, or just some, or just when you do a certain thing and forget to exit something or other? I haven't personally noticed a problem, but if there's something good to avoid...

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Can you elaborate? I hadn't heard. Is it something that affects all cameras, or just some, or just when you do a certain thing and forget to exit something or other? I haven't personally noticed a problem, but if there's something good to avoid...

The thing with most bugs is that not everyone has them. And like Kevin said, not all of them are easy to reproduce, so if you haven't had the issue, you probably won't ever have it.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
The thing with most bugs is that not everyone has them. And like Kevin said, not all of them are easy to reproduce, so if you haven't had the issue, you probably won't ever have it.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

I do think my question might actually have a useful answer. Perhaps not. BUT... this is not a garden variety bug of unknown origin at this point. Google has apparently acknowledged the problem. Presumably, therefore, it in fact has been reproduced and there are actually some clues as to what causes it. That might mean it is a good idea to find out what that might be in order to make sure you don't inadvertently trigger the bug.

There are some bugs that have triggers. For instance, you take a video with the camera using HDR mode...and it never shuts off. You could use the camera 80 times and not encounter it because you don't use HDR mode much. The 81st time...boom.

So, if there is any actual information, I'd still be curious and would prefer not to assume "it will never happen to me."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC