12-13-2017 01:37 PM
124 1234 ...
tools
    Another reason for you guys to stop wearing skinny jeans.
    05-20-2014 01:28 PM
    hahahahaha
    Jon Jackson likes this.
    05-20-2014 02:17 PM
    I hope that Samsung notes this issue and puts a new option in the stock SMS app to fix it. Perhaps through an update ?

All it really needs is one additional option under Messages -> Settings -> Notifications that reads:

__ Allow text messages to wake up screen

For now I'm stuck using Handcent app which is horrible for MMS. It is also cheap looking in its theme, fonts, and design. I have to disable notifications on stock Messages app and at the moment rely on LightFlow for custom notifications.

There shouldn't be a reason why I can't have my automatic lock timeout (secured with fingerprint lock) set to 10 minutes and NOT have my phone wake up in my pocket during that time if I receive consecutive texts.

This is the first phone in a long line of flagships owned that I've had such an annoying problem.
    05-22-2014 02:39 PM
    I have only slid the camera launcher in my pocket. I got off the job and into my truck... Found 156 pictures of the inside of my pocket.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk
    ROFL !!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry that's funny .
    dgrobe2112 likes this.
    05-22-2014 05:16 PM
    All it really needs is one additional option under Messages -> Settings -> Notifications that reads:

There shouldn't be a reason why I can't have my automatic lock timeout (secured with fingerprint lock) set to 10 minutes and NOT have my phone wake up in my pocket during that time if I receive consecutive texts.

This is the first phone in a long line of flagships owned that I've had such an annoying problem.
    Verizon stock phone:

I am using the Draw a Pattern unlock screen. It has never, ever, opened up on its' own and I carry my phone in my shirt pocket all the time.... tethered there with a neckstrap so it can't get lost accidentally.

I learned eons ago to not put cellphones in my pants pockets. Replacing them isn't cheap.

I use Go SMS Pro for my messaging app. It beeps to let me know a msg came in but does not awaken the screen. When I push on the Power Button the screen wakes up and the message is there for me to deal with.

Simple, I like it.
    05-22-2014 06:33 PM
    Just wondering if anyone out there is having an issue with their s5 unlocking in their pocket what happens to me as I will be walking around at work or whatever someone will text me and I won't feel it vibrate but when I pull my phone out to check it the screen has came unlocked so I have responded with a bunch of gibberish to them or will have multiple apps open the only way I've been able to stop this is by putting a pattern or PIN code on my phone but I really don't want to do that any help would be appreciated

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app
    05-25-2014 11:46 PM
    Just wondering if anyone out there is having an issue with their s5 unlocking in their pocket what happens to me as I will be walking around at work or whatever someone will text me and I won't feel it vibrate but when I pull my phone out to check it the screen has came unlocked so I have responded with a bunch of gibberish to them or will have multiple apps open the only way I've been able to stop this is by putting a pattern or PIN code on my phone but I really don't want to do that any help would be appreciated

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app
    I don't know if it's been mentioned, but I've found that the S View case works to eliminate that issue. But without the case i have the same problem.
    05-25-2014 11:48 PM
    Really?? nobody has any clue on this, its a pain in the **** to have to keep a password on your phone just so you don't pocket text people I've tried two different cases as well.
    Turn off air wake-up in accessibility<dexterity+interaction
    1Texmex1 likes this.
    05-31-2014 09:22 PM
    I hope that Samsung notes this issue and puts a new option in the stock SMS app to fix it. Perhaps through an update ?

For now I'm stuck using Handcent app which is horrible for MMS. It is also cheap looking in its theme, fonts, and design. I have to disable notifications on stock Messages app and at the moment rely on LightFlow for custom notifications.

Totally agree. I've had this phone for 2 days and for the most part, I absolutely love it. (came from a RAZR Maxx) I have however, decline/replied with a text when when my phone rang when I simply pulled it out of my pocket. it constantly tries to dial an Emergency number when I get a text message while god forbid I am doing nothing but WALKING. And, I have the Fingerprint Lock screen set up. This issue REALLY needs to be addressed. Like srxshadow said - a simple check box for not allowing texts to wake up the screen would be perfect. I searched everywhere for that option, and I don't see where it exists. Which is how I found you guys....:}
    06-05-2014 11:09 AM
    On the golf course using Golflogix I feel the heat in my pocket and the phone is unlocked using up my battery. My S3 never did this, very annoying, I don't have time to put in a password every time I want to check the distance to the green
    06-06-2014 04:54 AM
    Don't know what is different on my phone, other than I am using Go SMS Pro instead of the default text app.

I get a single beep and the Green light starts flashing.

The lockscreen never lights up for text messages.
    06-06-2014 11:13 AM
    I have a pin on mine (S5 Active), but my phone screen will unlock in my pocket, then dial 911 (emergency call in bottom left of lock screen).
    I've had local sheriff dept call me twice about false calls so far, and I've only had the phone for a little over a week.
    Is there a way to turn off the emergency call feature of the lockscreen?
    06-26-2014 02:33 PM
    Something is wrong here. I've never had this issue on an S3 or S4. There should be face or pocket detection that disables the touchscreen when your face is pressed against the phone, or the phone turns on in your pocket. If the bulk of the display is being touched, ignore all touches.

I wonder if they have altered some sensitivity or disabled face/pocket detection due to the water resistance factor. Actually, the same thing should apply there too, underwater, you ignore all touches - or something.

Has anyone that had this contacted Samsung customer support?
    06-26-2014 05:06 PM
    Been having this problem too. Its not unlock, but doing the Emergency Dialer. I suspect the phone's sensitivity is too sensitive, and a little bit of moisture from your body is enough to made touch operations. The only thing, other than getting a case, it making sure the screen is away from your body.
    06-29-2014 06:04 PM
    Remove all of the ICE contacts.
    Make sure that when you purposefully hit the ICE button you only see four '+' signs, no names.

It is impossible to dial 911 w/o doing it on purpose.

You would have to enter 911 and then the phone icon.
    Doing that in your pocket is just about neigh onto winning the Mega Millions Lotto.

Also, be sure that you have the Touch Sensitivity disabled.

Doing both will just about put a stop to accidental 911 calls.

see the screenshot, if yours is not like this, make it that way.
    Attached Thumbnails Galaxy S5 Screen unlocking in my pocket-911-plus-signs-blank.jpg  
    06-29-2014 08:33 PM
    I have the opposite problem, I'm having problems locking my phone :/ I've only had it 5/6 days. Can anyone help?
    07-01-2014 05:09 PM
    Remove all of the ICE contacts.
    Make sure that when you purposefully hit the ICE button you only see four '+' signs, no names.

It is impossible to dial 911 w/o doing it on purpose.

You would have to enter 911 and then the phone icon.
    Doing that in your pocket is just about neigh onto winning the Mega Millions Lotto.

Also, be sure that you have the Touch Sensitivity disabled.

Doing both will just about put a stop to accidental 911 calls.

see the screenshot, if yours is not like this, make it that way.
    It's not impossible. It's happened to me three times. I get a call from a number I don't know and ignore it because I'm at work. Then it calls back instantly a second time, then a third, and then I know it's my local police. If your pocket presses emergency dialer, then the siren logo (which is in the same spot as emergency dialer was on the first screen), then 911 pops up. I need this to be fixed, it's so embarrassing. Any serious suggestions?
    07-03-2014 05:16 AM
    This is happening to me also. Interesting note is I have at&t we tried on a sprint phone and it doesn't wake up with text. Seems to be a carrier issue? I have used all forms of lock screen protection. Happens with all. Super annoying and we shouldn't be forced to use an app for things that should be addressed by the manufacturer and or carrier.
    07-03-2014 11:40 AM
    Same here. Both my S4 and S5 did. You can always tell too because with each little step I take, my leg touches the screen and you hear water droplets in my pocket. My phone even got as far as a message one day and it actually auto corrected a bunch of jumbled letters into this (I kid you not):

Boom! From My S5
    Attached Thumbnails Galaxy S5 Screen unlocking in my pocket-img_32877546070812.jpg  
    Markrose55555 likes this.
    07-03-2014 04:50 PM
    Same here. Both my S4 and S5 did. You can always tell too because with each little step I take, my leg touches the screen and you hear water droplets in my pocket. My phone even got as far as a message one day and it actually auto corrected a bunch of jumbled letters into this (I kid you not):

Boom! From My S5
    Sorry, but that's pretty funny I've actually sent messages like that on purpose....
    07-03-2014 05:50 PM
    Quit carrying the phone in your pocket then.

Put it in a case and stop the 911 calls.

I have had a Galaxy phone since the first 'S' model, and never once did it or my S5 make a 911 call w/o me doing it on purpose.

My wife is a Type II diabetic amputee, and we have made a few runs to the hospital over the last couple years. Your lifestyle changes once that disease grips you.
    07-03-2014 08:52 PM
    If the above was for me, I do have a case on it. It's the Otterbox defender. And I'm waiting on a replacement holster because mine broke. I have no other choice at the moment.

Boom! From My S5
    07-04-2014 09:22 AM
    If the above was for me, I do have a case on it. It's the Otterbox defender. And I'm waiting on a replacement holster because mine broke. I have no other choice at the moment.

Boom! From My S5
    Apologies, not for me, thats what I get for reading AC 5 minutes after I wake up
    07-04-2014 11:28 AM
    Would it help if you put the S-View case on it? I had that happened while working at my grocery store and the phone took like 50+ screenshots and tweeted crap twice. Never had that happened with an iPhone or any other my past Android devices

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    07-04-2014 01:06 PM
    Adding a pin didn't help me one bit now it just calls 911 three times a day then they call till I answer, they know me by name now
    07-17-2014 06:01 PM
124 1234 ...