Galaxy S5 Screen unlocking in my pocket

jocotaco37

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Remove all of the ICE contacts.
Make sure that when you purposefully hit the ICE button you only see four '+' signs, no names.

It is impossible to dial 911 w/o doing it on purpose.

You would have to enter 911 and then the phone icon.
Doing that in your pocket is just about neigh onto winning the Mega Millions Lotto.

Also, be sure that you have the Touch Sensitivity disabled.

Doing both will just about put a stop to accidental 911 calls.

see the screenshot, if yours is not like this, make it that way.

It's not impossible. It's happened to me three times. I get a call from a number I don't know and ignore it because I'm at work. Then it calls back instantly a second time, then a third, and then I know it's my local police. If your pocket presses emergency dialer, then the siren logo (which is in the same spot as emergency dialer was on the first screen), then 911 pops up. I need this to be fixed, it's so embarrassing. Any serious suggestions?

Donnie Wilson17

May 2, 2014
Visit site
This is happening to me also. Interesting note is I have at&t we tried on a sprint phone and it doesn't wake up with text. Seems to be a carrier issue? I have used all forms of lock screen protection. Happens with all. Super annoying and we shouldn't be forced to use an app for things that should be addressed by the manufacturer and or carrier.

Last edited:

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Same here. Both my S4 and S5 did. You can always tell too because with each little step I take, my leg touches the screen and you hear water droplets in my pocket. My phone even got as far as a message one day and it actually auto corrected a bunch of jumbled letters into this (I kid you not):

Boom! From My S5

Attachments

• IMG_32877546070812.jpg
    IMG_32877546070812.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 51

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Same here. Both my S4 and S5 did. You can always tell too because with each little step I take, my leg touches the screen and you hear water droplets in my pocket. My phone even got as far as a message one day and it actually auto corrected a bunch of jumbled letters into this (I kid you not):

Boom! From My S5

Sorry, but that's pretty funny :) I've actually sent messages like that on purpose....

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Quit carrying the phone in your pocket then.

Put it in a case and stop the 911 calls.

I have had a Galaxy phone since the first 'S' model, and never once did it or my S5 make a 911 call w/o me doing it on purpose.

My wife is a Type II diabetic amputee, and we have made a few runs to the hospital over the last couple years. Your lifestyle changes once that disease grips you.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
If the above was for me, I do have a case on it. It's the Otterbox defender. And I'm waiting on a replacement holster because mine broke. I have no other choice at the moment.

Boom! From My S5

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
If the above was for me, I do have a case on it. It's the Otterbox defender. And I'm waiting on a replacement holster because mine broke. I have no other choice at the moment.

Boom! From My S5
Apologies, not for me, thats what I get for reading AC 5 minutes after I wake up :)

Darthstorm528

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
Would it help if you put the S-View case on it? I had that happened while working at my grocery store and the phone took like 50+ screenshots and tweeted crap twice. Never had that happened with an iPhone or any other my past Android devices

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brett Headley

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I agree. I can't believe neither Samsung can't put one of those lock buttons that you slide on and off to keep this from happening. We're up to version 5 now and they can't get this done??? It's amazing the kinds of things this phone is able do on its on while I'm walking through Target.

Annoying as #$@$$

qeepo

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I think that app Intelliscreen could help. It use proximity or Light sensor to recognize if the phone is in the pocket - but only in pro version (paid)

Jim Buono

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Is it not obvious? If they fixed the problem sales for their S-View case would slide.
If they don't fix the problem sales for their GS 6 will slide, GS5 too, once enough people get annoyed and complain about it.
My wife was choosing between a GS 5 and the new iphone but after hearing mine go off on its own while in my pocket she no longer is interested in the GS5.

Desmond Phobos

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
I have faced the same issue. It unlocks automatically which can be a pain. Also if I use a pattern lock, I saw the emergency number being dialed automatically a few times. That's why I removed it. I never had this issue on other Galaxy S phones before.

Jandelle

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. Interestingly my first S5 had to go back because the touchscreen kept not working. On the replacement the touch screen is TOO sensitive - even with the Touch Sensitivity off. I can activate an app by pressing lightly with one thickness of shirt round my finger, and with two if I press hard. The S3 never did that. I suspect this is a cause of pocket dial so I have had to lock the screen like others. A bit like Windows, I feel this phone is going backwards in some ways as well as forwards in others.

Derekd7272

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I agree. I can't believe neither Samsung can't put one of those lock buttons that you slide on and off to keep this from happening. We're up to version 5 now and they can't get this done??? It's amazing the kinds of things this phone is able do on its on while I'm walking through Target.

Annoying as #$@$$

Derekd7272

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Thank god is not just me. My friend has the same phone and he thinks I'm nuts because it's never happened to him. But most of the fine when I pull the phone or of my pocket the first thing I have to do is erase pictures and screen shots. The reps at the store had never heard of it either

whtciv2k

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem. Interestingly my first S5 had to go back because the touchscreen kept not working. On the replacement the touch screen is TOO sensitive - even with the Touch Sensitivity off. I can activate an app by pressing lightly with one thickness of shirt round my finger, and with two if I press hard. The S3 never did that. I suspect this is a cause of pocket dial so I have had to lock the screen like others. A bit like Windows, I feel this phone is going backwards in some ways as well as forwards in others.
Could it be air wake causing it? Just a thought.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta