09-14-2016 05:38 AM
40 12
tools
    I'm having the same problem,and it's frustrating.I'm about ready to take my phone back.Any suggstions on how to fix the problem.My last phone,an HTC One S,had two boxes that came up when you received a call,a green one you tapped to answer,and a red oe,you tapped to ignoe how hard would it have been for Samsung to do that?
    11-12-2014 10:24 AM
    Interesting that if options are given they are considered workarounds. While I'm not saying TouchWiz is or isn't working properly (works fine on my S5), What your basically saying is if I make any corrections to the default settings of my phone I must be having issues and needing to make workarounds to compensate for them. Pretty silly. I guess if we really didn't wish to talk semantics I could say that it isn't the phones issue that is not working but you must be swiping it incorrectly and that is the issue... works on my phone just dandy, so you must be doing something incorrect. That in and of itself would be a pretty dumb thing to say, because someone likes a different option to run their phone. Good thing the ROM developers don't know they shouldn't be playing with these things, Android might come to a standstill and everyone's devices would look the same. lol
    Don't be ridiculous tutor; His point has gone clean over your head. It's a fact that using another feature because your preferred feature is not working is a workaround, period. If you use another feature because you prefer it, then it's not a workaround.

My wife has been using the slide feature since she got her S3 about 2 years ago and now it's not working. Explain how someone, after two years, can just forget how slide their finger. The feature just isn't working anymore for some reason but the touchscreen works fine when tested on other applications and the lock screen. Just because your phone works fine doesn't mean it is for everyone else.
    12-15-2014 02:59 PM
    Sometimes single tap option in accessibility options is malfunctioning I wanted to tap and drag when I answer a call and I checked that the single tap option is not checked and still it answers the call right away as soon as I touch the green handset button, problem solved by just checking then unchecking the single tap option, now I can tap and drag
    12-17-2014 04:15 AM
    Just had this happen to a friends phone. Fixed it by turning off Voice over LTE in call settings for those of you having this happen.
    12-31-2014 12:45 PM
    Sometimes single tap option in accessibility options is malfunctioning I wanted to tap and drag when I answer a call and I checked that the single tap option is not checked and still it answers the call right away as soon as I touch the green handset button, problem solved by just checking then unchecking the single tap option, now I can tap and drag
    Verizon has removed the option to do a "single tap" which is my preferred method. Now I have to drag a finger from the center to the outside of the dot/circle.

The Accessibility page only offers up:
    1. Press the Home Key (bad thing to do, answers in your pocket)
    2. Voice Control (you say "Answer" and it works)
    3. Waving hand over device (bad thing IMO, I don't work at a desk)
    4. Pressing the Power Key (bad thing IMO, I use that to blacken the screen during a conversation....it Ends the Call)

My wife has a leg amputation, and the phone never seems to be close to her, she really likes the "Voice Control", she just hollers ANSWER and it does and switches the Speaker Phone on. Gives her plenty of time to get into the wheelchair and roll over to the phone.
    12-31-2014 05:14 PM
    It is in accessibility. It is single tap mode. Unfortunately, it affects more than just phone calls.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Dude thank you sooooooooo much!! I've had a problem w this when it came to my calling for the longest. I could not figure it out! Thanks again😄
    gmurphy0487 likes this.
    02-20-2015 09:53 PM
    I have the same problem as does my girlfriend. Touch inside the circle, slide to right and nada. Takes a few times and half the time miss the call. Don't think it's working as it should.
    Lol. I have this problem on Galaxy Alpha I just received ,
    swiping the green circle and it
    gives me options but won't just answer the call.

I will try pressing green circle before I swipe.
    I enabled answer by pressing home key- that works but this is a touchscreen phone.

So I want to swipe it and conquer the Green Circle....
    One of use will lose...me or the Green Circle...
    02-27-2015 06:58 PM
    Touch inside the circle, slide to right and nothing happen. Takes a few times and half the time miss the call. Sometimes it works.How to solve the problem.
    clickerman likes this.
    05-07-2015 06:45 AM
    Turn off LTE. While 4G LTE is the fastest way for data to travel in the mobile world, it still is in its early stage and it caters data only for now. If you had this enabled and you started not getting calls when you usually did, then you need to turn it off. Here's how:

From the Home screen, tap the Menu key.
    Choose Settings.
    Tap Connections tab, then More networks.
    Tap Mobile networks, then Network mode.
    Choose GSM/WCDMA from the options.

taken from site sebertech.com my-samsung-galaxy-s4-stopped-receiving.html
    07-12-2015 05:12 AM
    great advice... It totally who would have thought i would do exactly what tech support always has me do first.. and it would work! haha didn't have to change anything LOL
    12-18-2015 05:07 PM
    I've tried the swipe, single touch, and home button and I still can't answer (or reject) most incoming calls. It will also restart spontaneously. Any ideas? BTW, mine is a Mega 2.
    05-11-2016 03:15 PM
    HOORAY!!! Turning the phone off, removing the battery for 10 seconds then reinstalling the battery completely worked! This solved my problem!! Thank you for the great advise!! I can now answer my phone!!
    06-28-2016 10:58 AM
    Hi, I've been searching for others with this frustrating issue - is there a solution?
    07-27-2016 03:06 PM
    Had the same problem on my Galaxy S5 and tried many of the solutions above without much luck. What worked for me, at least to this point, is the following.

Settings
    Accessibility
    Answering and ending calls
    Check off "Pressing the Home key"

Now I can answer calls with the slide (which wasn't working before) OR by pressing the Home button.
    08-03-2016 03:45 PM
    Hey guys I have been experiencing issues when I receive calls. I try to slide to answer and it doesn't recognize my finger the first few times which has caused me to miss calls. It is like it is hung up and takes time to recognize finger detection. My husband and neighbor have both complained about this. What gives? Should I report these issues to Samsung? Anyone else having this problem? So many glitches south this phone.

Posted via Android Central App

I just figured out I enabled a silly setting that makes me need to touch and hold to answer or reject calls.
    Accessibility - - - > motor & cognition - - - > touch and hold for calls
    09-14-2016 05:38 AM
40 12