Tempered glass screen protector

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
How strong are they supposed to be? I got one yesterday and it already has scratches. I'm very careful with my phone

Sent from my GS5

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I use the Spigen glass protector and I have had no issues whatsoever. They are much better than the traditional plastic protectors. Sounds like it is doing what it is supposed to. Thank goodness it wasn't the screen that got scratched.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Yes that is true but I've been without a screen protector for 2 weeks with no issues. These aren't nearly as durable as the gorilla glass underneath. I got mine from the Verizon store.

My concern is that it is going to get scratched to hell and I'll have to keep replacing them

Sent from my GS5

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes that is true but I've been without a screen protector for 2 weeks with no issues. These aren't nearly as durable as the gorilla glass underneath. I got mine from the Verizon store.
My concern is that it is going to get scratched to hell and I'll have to keep replacing them.
Sent from my GS5.

I don't know what brand they sell at Verizon. I bought my first one from the ATT store. It was a bodyguardz brand or something, I don't know but I didn't like it. You could tell the quality wasn't there. I bought the Spigen one from Amazon, the same one I had on my S4 and have never had a scratch on it. Some swear by the gorilla glass and don't use a protector but my OCD won't allow that.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
From the Verizon site. Guess I'm just lucky

Super strong: Real glass protector with scratch-proof, hard-coated surface can resist sharp objects like knives and keys

Sent from my GS5

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I get 25% at the Verizon store so I went with whatever they have. It really not noticeable unless you're looking for it. Just disappointed after only a day of use

Sent from my GS5

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Part of me wants to take the screen protector off to see if it's the actual screen that's scratched. If it was the screen would I be able to see it while the protector is on

Sent from my GS5

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
It's whatever verizon sells under their name. I done know how it got scratched

Sent from my GS5

I've been using the Verizon glass protector for about two weeks now. I have a Zagg on standby but didn't want to waste this. No scratches and very smooth.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

Mst99

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I have the Verizon screen protector I bought from the store. I think it's called Glass Pro? I keep my phone in my pockets with keys, coins, whatever's in them . No scratches.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have the Verizon screen protector I bought from the store. I think it's called Glass Pro? I keep my phone in my pockets with keys, coins, whatever's in them . No scratches.

Generally things you keep in your pocket have a lower hardness rating than 9H. These can't scratch the Tempered Glass. Pocket sand, little grainy stuff you don't even know is there, can wreak havoc on it. That's why I've never understood the scratch tests on YouTube.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
If the scratches were on the display would I be able to see them as clearly as I do worth the glass screen protector on?

Sent from my GS5

Mst99

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, that's why I have it on. Sand is a screen killer. If the screen protector is getting scratched, it's doing its job.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I use the Spigen glass protector and I have had no issues whatsoever. They are much better than the traditional plastic protectors. Sounds like it is doing what it is supposed to. Thank goodness it wasn't the screen that got scratched.

I love Spigen products....very high quality. I bought a couple cases (Slim Armor and Neo Hybrid with metal buttons) and am very impressed.

ksb63

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Mime ghost glass. Have shattered many of tempered glass protectors spigen lasted only a week, mime's replacement cost has kept me buying theirs.