Volume control for ringtone and notifications?

throttlehappy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Is there an easy way to adjust these at the same time? It's annoying to have to go into the settings to change the notification volume when I change the ringer volume. My S3 changed both with the volume button.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Is there an easy way to adjust these at the same time? It's annoying to have to go into the settings to change the notification volume when I change the ringer volume. My S3 changed both with the volume button.

It does not appear that the setting to link the ringtone and notification tone volumes is present on the S5. You don't have to go all the way into settings to adjust the notification, just change the ringtone volume, touch the cog and you can adjust all of the volumes in a toast type window. Maybe you are already doing that...

Also, when you sent the phone to mute or vibrate, it adjusts both the notification and ringtone at once.

throttlehappy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I just tried it again. Mine only adjusts the ring volume when I turn it up all the way or anywhere in between. I have to adjust the notification volume by going into the setting cog.

It does not appear that the setting to link the ringtone and notification tone volumes is present on the S5. You don't have to go all the way into settings to adjust the notification, just change the ringtone volume, touch the cog and you can adjust all of the volumes in a toast type window. Maybe you are already doing that...

Also, when you sent the phone to mute or vibrate, it adjusts both the notification and ringtone at once.

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
No, you don't. Pull down to where you can see your wifi /location/ sound etc and hold sound for about 1-2 seconds, from there you can adjust all sounds for all notifications. You don't have to go to settings.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I just tried it again. Mine only adjusts the ring volume when I turn it up all the way or anywhere in between. I have to adjust the notification volume by going into the setting cog.

It will only adjust both when you mute or put the device in vibrate. Im not use what it returns to when turning it back up. And here's a screen of what I was talking about the Toast like volume settings.

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-14-16-13-29.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-14-16-13-29.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 58

Undertoad

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Okay now someone tell me whether navigation voice is considered a notification?

I was using navigation and listening to a podcast today, and suddenly the nav voice came on three times as loud as the podcast

Volume control is my main beef so far with the S5. My Bluetooth volume is about half what it should be, about half what it was with my G Nex and I'm perplexed. A straight 1/4" jack out the headphones and into the AUX input is loud... once you get past the headphone warning.

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I think you misunderstood our dilemma - we're not asking how to get to the sound setting, but how to find that option that allows the volume and the notifications volume to be at adjusted with one action - like when we press the button on the side to turn the volume up or down, we want the notification volume to also adjust at the same time instead of only having the main volume adjust, then having to take an extra step to go into the sound/volume setting and adjust the notifications volume. I'm sure I'm not the only one who corrected you on this since it was posted, but you never know who's still looking for the correct answer (like me). :)

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I think you misunderstood our dilemma - we're not asking how to get to the sound setting, but how to find that option that allows the volume and the notifications volume to be at adjusted with one action - like when we press the button on the side to turn the volume up or down, we want the notification volume to also adjust at the same time instead of only having the main volume adjust, then having to take an extra step to go into the sound/volume setting and adjust the notifications volume. I'm sure I'm not the only one who corrected you on this since it was posted, but you never know who's still looking for the correct answer (like me). :)

I for one did not misconstrue what the OP asked for, I just didn't have a super simple way to get there. I did it with MacroDroid and for me, that was okay, it works like I want.

but for you, and the OP, did you overlook the simple way to do it mentioned up above a few posts?

* Volume Sync - Android Apps on Google Play

Install that app and then let the side buttons control everything simultaneously.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

that app hasn't been updated in 3 years, several folks with S5 phones saying stuff like this:

Crashes I had the same problem on my s4 and now on my s5! When changing moods like from vibrate back to sound it doesn't do anything I need to completely restart the phone and re open the app. Big waste of my time, deleting the app now and finding a better one that works atleast more than 50% of the time!

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
that app hasn't been updated in 3 years, several folks with S5 phones saying stuff like this:

Crashes I had the same problem on my s4 and now on my s5! When changing moods like from vibrate back to sound it doesn't do anything I need to completely restart the phone and re open the app. Big waste of my time, deleting the app now and finding a better one that works atleast more than 50% of the time!

I haven't had any issues with it . No Crashes. Don't know what to tell ya .

smudgetool

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
OMG. you are AMAZING, JON JACKSON. Thanks.

JON JACKSON wrote: "No, you don't. Pull down to where you can see your wifi /location/ sound etc and hold sound for about 1-2 seconds, from there you can adjust all sounds for all notifications. You don't have to go to settings."

donens

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Will this change the default volume settings, holding sounds 1-2 seconds? Samsung android keeps changing the volume when powering up. Tried again last night, changing volume to 30, then powered up this morning and the volume was at 19.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
On the latest Galaxy S5 Lollipop firmwares you can touch the phone's VOLUME key and the cog symbol to display and adjust all the sound settings. See screenshots, below...

Volume

Sound settings

neighner

May 3, 2015
Visit site
This is what I see when I use the volume rocker and then hit the cog on my s5. My phone just did the most recent update yesterday, when I bought it. On my old s3 when I hit the cog it would show all 4 volumes like the previous poster shows. How do I get it to look like that?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-03-07-41-29.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-03-07-41-29.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 14