Dropped S5 in the Bath Tub :(

RFclipse

May 27, 2013
Visit site
On most other Android forums, people would start giving me advice about how I should put my phone in rice, remove the battery, etc. On this forum, nobody has any reason to care because nothing happens when this phone makes it's way to the bottom of your kids bubble bath. One of my favorite new features!

Posted via Android Central App

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'd still put it in rice or those packet things. You know, just to please those who don't have water resistance. :)

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
lol even with the phone being water resistant i still might have a small heart attack if i dropped mine in the tub or toilet. lol

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I think we need a link in the "sticky" section for an Android Intervention Help Line. Folks, you'll still be able to function, I promise, if you don't take your phones to the bathroom :D Enjoy being disconnected for awhile ;)

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I think we need a link in the "sticky" section for an Android Intervention Help Line. Folks, you'll still be able to function, I promise, if you don't take your phones to the bathroom :D Enjoy being disconnected for awhile ;)

But... What will I do for music while I take a shower? The phone is water resistant so I want it in there!

;)

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

Tomo1971

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Some people report moisture on the inside of the camera aperture after a dunk in the wet stuff.

This may simply be condensation like when an item goes between areas of different temperatures but best be mindfull of it

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Did that already once the phone was wet the speaker went out :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's normal behavior. The speaker should be noticeably worse when it is wet. As long as it goes back to normal afterwards it's fine.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

JS_racer

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Must have been no wireless card installed for charging glad it was not damaged

Looking to raise the volume of the phone in the bathroom putting it in a cup might help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34