Qi wireless charging

IBMJunkman

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Decided I wanted to use wireless charging just so I don't break the USB port cover. Samsung site says cover coming soon. So I went 3rd party.

Bought the Qi receiver and charger pad from Amazon. Both from Fonesalesman.
Amazon.com: S5 PWRcard - Qi Wireless Charging Receiver Card Coil for Samsung Galaxy S5 SV: Cell Phones & Accessories
Amazon.com: Koolpad Qi Wireless Charger Pad for All Qi Compatible Devices Including Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy S5 SV and other Phones with Receivers & iPhone with iQi Mobile (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

Receiver installed with no problem. Cover seals just fine. Pad is same size as S5 but if phone set on the charger with all the edges lined up the charger does not 'see' it. You have to shift the phone up on the charger about 3/4" then it works.

I have not run down the battery to get a full charge time but it took about 1.5 hours to go from 75% to 100%.

Bambino444

May 9, 2014
Visit site
If you're just looking not to break the charging cover i'd recommend the external battery charger (battery included) pack off samsung's website. It's $50 but you can get a 50% off coupon code. I've been using it for a week now its pretty amazing, if youre low on battery just pop it out and put in the other one for 100% charge.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Well since the battery is awesome and doesn't need to charge that often a wireless would still be cool for overnight charging on't ya think?
I suppose if that would ever be the only time I'd ever need or want to use it but you never know. I'd hate to get in a pickle...
Might have to spend a little more but I'd rather have one that performs better :)

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I suppose if that would ever be the only time I'd ever need or want to use it but you never know. I'd hate to get in a pickle...
Might have to spend a little more but I'd rather have one that performs better :)

Chances are, when you are in a pickle, you won't have you wireless charger in your back pocket anyway. I had wireless charging on both my DNA and G2. It is awesome. Set it down on a charging pad on my desk at work and it guaranteed the charge was still full when I left.

Posted via Android Central App

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if this is an average charging speed for a wireless charger? I understand your points but that just sounds really really slow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox