02-14-2016 06:16 PM
41 12
tools
    It was Lookout that was causing the problem. I'm telling everyone to uninstall Lookout, anti virus, ram booster, cache cleaners etc. Once you do that, there will be no battery problems and you will have zero lag, My phone after 17 hours with 3-4 hours screen time is still around 40-50%.
    i could only disabled lookout antivirus. you can actually uninstall it without root?
    05-16-2014 11:54 AM
    I have an S4 but I'm on this thread because starting either yesterday or late Wednesday my Android system suddenly started chewing up my battery. I went and found an update pending for my phone and installed it, Android system is still taking more battery than I think it should but it's back below Screen in the consumption stats... I already had Lookout disabled and no app is actually showing as eating battery, so don't know what else to add. I installed Easy Battery Saver and I don't know if it's going to do me any good... Phone was at 100% at 1:45 and an hour and a half later it's at 93% which is a little bit of an improvement... I tried to clear cache and got the apparently very common error. What happened within the past two days to radically change the battery consumption of these very good phones? I would go two days on a charge up until day before yesterday...
    05-16-2014 01:17 PM
    I don't know what all you experts think, but I have never seen Android System up that high just under Screen, until the past 36 hours... How do I know what's inside that package, that's causing it to use more battery?
    05-16-2014 01:24 PM
    i could only disabled lookout antivirus. you can actually uninstall it without root?
    I think so yes. Actually what I did was disable it as well and kept it for the find your phone feature, I'll probably delete it and install some app in case I lose it or someone steals it.
    05-16-2014 01:29 PM
    I dont think you can uninstall unless u root ur phone
    05-16-2014 01:59 PM
    I dont think you can uninstall unless u root ur phone
    That's odd. I got it at the google play....I've never heard of downloading an app that you can't uninstall.
    05-16-2014 02:02 PM
    That's odd. I got it at the google play....I've never heard of downloading an app that you can't uninstall.
    ATT included Lookout in the recent update so now it is not removable without rooting. Disable is the best you can do without rooting unfortunately.
    05-16-2014 02:05 PM
    ATT included Lookout in the recent update so now it is not removable without rooting. Disable is the best you can do without rooting unfortunately.
    You are correct, can't uninstall.
    05-16-2014 02:15 PM
    I think so yes. Actually what I did was disable it as well and kept it for the find your phone feature, I'll probably delete it and install some app in case I lose it or someone steals it.
    Android device manager can do that if you allow google to use location services.
    05-16-2014 04:57 PM
    Try to reboot your phone.
    05-16-2014 09:47 PM
    Amazon Suites is the worst battery hog ever....
    Lookout close to that.

Disable any app, especially all of the bloatware that you won't be using, I am getting 3 to 4 days between charges out of my S5.

I use the Battery Doctor Widget to turn off Data, Sync, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS when they aren't needed.

The phone will sip along all day long at less than 10% battery consumption with light texting and talking.
    05-16-2014 11:27 PM
    Yep, this is Samsung for you!
    I had one and sold it, because it forces you to update the software
    Suddenly you are left paying for apps that were free in the beginning, or even worse, now non operational!
    It was the principle of it to me, why pay now if it was free
    You also can't downgrade the software now
    Best is to do a factory reset and try again
    You still may have to pay for certain apps!!

Good luck
    05-20-2014 06:23 PM
    Noticed the same thing, I am currently off work so I'm not even using my phone and every day it drains faster then I can charge it. Something in the update is really messed up …… but how do we fix it ?
    02-02-2015 10:37 AM
    Noticed the same thing, I am currently off work so I'm not even using my phone and every day it drains faster then I can charge it. Something in the update is really messed up …… but how do we fix it ?
    I see this old thread came back to life.

I have since last post, stripped out all of the monitoring apps, got rid of all the apps I never use more than once a month if then.

Installed MacroDroid and use it to turn off the radios (internet) when the phone is asleep.

I now have two S5s in the house, and both are setup identically.

My S5 will go 2 or 3 days w/o a charge.

My wife's will go 8-10 days between charges as she only answers phone calls, does not play with the S5 at all.

Battery life is directly related to how much you use the phone. Keep the screen awake, and make the radios keep talking to the internet, and the battery life will ooze away.

below is a picture of my wife's S5.... I do not expect anyone on this forum to manage such a feat.... it requires that you leave the phone asleep for days at a time.... but what it does show is the fact the the internet is what is eating up the battery life.
    Attached Thumbnails sudden battery drain after Galaxy S5 update-battery-8-days-15-hrs.jpg  
    02-02-2015 10:55 AM
    The same here... since the update two days ago, my Samsung S5 battery drainage has increased like 300%. That's crazy. Before my battery lasted 3days, now it doens't last even one day...
    The strange thing that i noticed is, that this screen that shows how much % of battery was used by system and aplications shows after whole day, when battery was drained from 100% to 20%, that most battery was used by cell stanbdy 3%, android system 3%, screen 2%, etc... Why are those % so low? And what has drained my battery???
    02-14-2016 03:49 PM
    The same here... since the update two days ago, my Samsung S5 battery drainage has increased like 300%. That's crazy. Before my battery lasted 3days, now it doens't last even one day...
    The strange thing that i noticed is, that this screen that shows how much % of battery was used by system and aplications shows after whole day, when battery was drained from 100% to 20%, that most battery was used by cell stanbdy 3%, android system 3%, screen 2%, etc... Why are those % so low? And what has drained my battery???
    You revived a 1 year since last post thread XD. Can you post a screenshot on the battery usage and also the graph. In the lollipop, the battery usage monitor is diffrent from what is found in kitkat. It shows lower percent.

Posted with ❤Love❤
    02-14-2016 06:16 PM
41 12