Anyone getting blocky pixelated images on the camera?

Nick Brennan

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't know how to explain this but I've been through 2 phones already. First one the camera died and the new one is showing the same weird pictures. When taking any picture, and zooming it in either on the phone or my desktop computer, it's as if the image is missing information in the picture. Kinda almost looks like blocks of the image put together really pixelated when zoomed in. I'm attaching a pic of on top of the empire state building and at my local fishing spot for you guys to check. This happened on both phones. What do you guys think?

2014-05-10 14.30.24.jpg

2014-05-15 12.26.44.jpg

Tanabe21

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
i have the same issue and have compared pictures from my s3 that are on my sd card. the pictures if cropped look cartoony pix-elated. i have contacted the carrier to see if anything can be done other than sending the phone to Samsung direct.

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm. I showed some pics to a friend of mine that's a professional photographer and he said they were amazing...so I dunno what to think.

Tanabe21

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I was very close to the subject the flash was on although there was plenty of light in the room even a small crop will show the pixel-ation

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 20140513_090952.jpg
    20140513_090952.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 39

Tanabe21

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
great shot....

i think the phone cannot handle any above iso 100. i am hoping its not noise because that means i will have to deal with this for all indoor pictures. the iso was was bumped up to 320 on my picture. i keep telling myself that its only a phone but when an 2-3 yr old phone out performs the flagship its kinda a bummer

View attachment 118539

I'm okay with pics like this

tomothy94

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I totally understand you OP and agree. My HTC one x with an 8mp cam wasn't like this at all. It's apparently normal but I think it looks awful.

Also, the pic of the waterfall. It looks like a great pic, but it's not; the lack of detail in areas is way too high, and this isn't the photographers fault. The camera is just not as good as it seems to think it is

SX75C

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
DSC_0022.jpg

So this is my brand new xperia z5C something definitely wrong here i think only had it one day. Any ideas? Doesn't happen all the time however most of the time it is. Cant see anytihing in the forums with this same issue. Plus its getting rather warm on the backside.

tried diferrent resolutions,
tried updating the android version,
tried factory reset,
apps like snapchat and a free camera app worked fine.
thought maybe it was caused by memory shortage with lots of apps open. closed it still happens.

Cheers.

Ben

puddlejumper32

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I only have major issues with pixelation in my videos. The video quality if you send it through SMS or mms the quality ot horrible. Anyone having major pixelation issues with sending video through SMS or mms?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000