Galaxy S5: problems with loading music to SD card

May 16, 2014
Visit site
I've had problems loading music to the SD card I've now tried 2 cards one 64 samsung, the other is a 32g both 10 rated. I load from windows 7 media player some albums go in fine then some after I've loaded about 20+ albums. After that all I'm getting is can't play unknown format or albums that skip though the song like a broken record. This has now happened twice now on both cards. Any body else having this problem?

Posted via Android Central App

Gordon Henley

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Hey hewy, I'm having very similar problems with my new HTC M8. I tried using different ways to download and play music all with no joy. I have put a post up in the M8 section to see if anyone can help, if they can I will copy and paste reply here for you.

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I've had problems loading music to the SD card I've now tried 2 cards one 64 samsung, the other is a 32g both 10 rated. I load from windows 7 media player some albums go in fine then some after I've loaded about 20+ albums. After that all I'm getting is can't play unknown format or albums that skip though the song like a broken record. This has now happened twice now on both cards. Any body else having this problem?

have you tried moving them one by one?

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Yes at first you can do four or five then it stops and you can't do any more. Even one by one some work some don't work at all then you get the ones the skip... 8 thought it was my 64g card but now it's happening to the 32g card as well. I'll have more play tonite without the card in and download on to the card straight from the computer.

May 16, 2014
Visit site
No you can't load music onto the micro SD card in a adaptor then put it in the phone it simple deletes it straight away and it's just not there. It must be something to do with this anti pirate bull****. Now the phone is useless for music I'm not going to pay to download my music again. Why are people putting up with this corporate bulling? I went from Sony to samsung because of the **** with the xperia s. Now I find its now even worse on this phone.

FACTagent

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I was able to load about 4100 songs in WMA lossless onto a SanDisc 128 GB SD card both by using Kies via USB and by putting the card into its adaptor, putting the adaptor into my PC's internal card reader and copying files in Windows Explorer. I did not let Windows or Kies convert or compress the files. These were all DRM free CD rips. In neither case were any files deleted when I put the Micro SD card back in my S5. BTW - I think the S5 has a better DAC and/or headphone amp than my iPod Classic. Songs sound amazing through my B&W P7 headphones.

May 16, 2014
Visit site
I've now started to put the albums from windows 7 media player on the phone memory and it's was fine on some but others it was doing the same thing making some albums skip but sometime it would split the album up into two parts some sounds jumping around the other half just fine?

Joseph Coope

May 14, 2014
Visit site
i thing the mobile will be hanged when u give this transfer try it one by one folder slowly please or remove the sd card and transfer data from pc to sd card i think this is suitable

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante