WhatsApp instant notification problem :(

Limbo13

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

Hope u can help!

Got an S5 4g LTE recently (switched from another Samsung android, kept my same phone number and 3g sim), but my instant notifications from whatsapp have been hit & miss! Sometimes i get the instant notifications ok, sometimes i don't!

I have tried "everything" suggested on the www e.g. restart, uninstall, reinstall etc. I've checked the notification settings etc, i have it on "always show pop up". I have the "show notifications" on in the whatsapp bit after i enter the general phone settings.

Too often i have to go into the app to find out if i have any messages.........which i sometimes do, and they were sent hours ago! i have been testing my S5 by sending myself messages using another phone, and it is hit or miss!

Everything else is working aok, unit is (too) legit (to quit) :) Is it just my network provider?!

Many thanks

:)

Steve West

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Sorry I do not have a solution.

I am having the same problem, I am on EE. I can not see a solution out there yet.

Silly question but have you updated the phone and re booted it? Mine was playing up since the last update and I rebooted it and it was fine. whatsapp however is still messing about.

Limbo13

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi Steve,

Yes, i have re-booted and updated etc. I quickly googled this problem just the other day, seems like a few folks around the world have this problem too! But i couldn't find a solution. Seems some with the S4 had this problem whenever the phone was locked/sleeping.

If u do find a solution, pls tell me!

:)

Limbo13

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Am not sure if I've solved this, but this seems to have been working for past 2/3 days.............

Try to keep WhatsApp "alive" as an "Active app", don't end it, just keep it running in background all the time. Apologies if this is what you do anyway! :-[

Having said (typed) this, I am sure that it still failed to work on one occassion.............:confused:

FlorisR

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem. Then I found that if the Battery Saver is enabled, notifications will not be delivered to conserve the battery. Make sure the Battery Saver mode is turned off. On my phone (Sony) I went to settings>Power management and switched the Stamina mode and Low-battery modes off. That seems to have done the trick. Hope it'll work for you as well.

Ashwini Bangar

May 12, 2016
Visit site
Finally got a solution for the whatsapp notification problem after many months......
I am using Samsung Galaxy J7.
Friends, follow the path:
Settings->Data Usage->Select Whatsapp-> And make sure Restrict background data is unchecked.

I did the same. It worked for me.
Hope it will work for u tooooo.

rajput naman

May 13, 2016
Visit site
Finally got a solution for the whatsapp notification problem after many months......
I am using Samsung Galaxy J7.
Friends, follow the path:
Settings->Data Usage->Select Whatsapp-> And make sure Restrict background data is unchecked.

I did the same. It worked for me.
Hope it will work for u tooooo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34