Iphone and Android syncing on Note, Calendar and such on Galaxy S5

LJ Washington

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
On my Iphone I shared my icloud account with my wife. This allowed us to share Appointments, Memo, Notes, ToDo list, Calendar birthdays etc. Everything was instantaneous and worked perfect. This is a feature I just can't get my head around on the SG5. Can anyone please advise me on a transparent, simple way to accomplish this in a blended family. Keep in mind the my wife aint gonna change how she does things with her Iphone.

Thanks

prlundberg

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Iphone and Android syncing on Note, Calendar and such.

Well I don't know if this is available on the iPhone, but my wife and I accomplish this on my S5 and her Nokia Icon by using OneNote and Outlook. There's an app for Outlook.com that will sync calendars to your phone. You'd both need individual Microsoft accounts and then you can share calendars and notebooks to each other.

I really like the flexibility of OneNote, we use it for shopping lists and notes. Some people may prefer something more structured and hand-holding though. We used to use Cozi when we both had Android and that worked well too, if you can put up with the ads.

Anyway, not saying it's the best, and I'm not even sure you can use it on an iPhone, but it's what we use.

WinterDAWN

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
For appointments, birthdays, Calendars and ToDo lists/Reminders, you can both share a gmail account. All she needs to do is create one, sign into it in Settings, enable everything she wants to share, and it will sync. Then, you should be able to log into the shared account on your device. She can even set the account as her "Default" for Notes and other apps.

This automatically worked for me on my iPhone5 and Android tablet, without even intending to do so. I was signed in, and it synced.