10-19-2016 01:54 AM
53 123
tools
    MAN!!!

Phone was locked ALL damn day and got home, refusing to master reset, luckily, the way I was told to do it was wrong so I did some research and found this forum, and Google Android Device Manager is a ******* life saver! The lock option changed my security so I could get access to my phone again and not lose any of my things. I <3 Google all damn day, and the people who suggested the device manager. You all are the bees knees for reals!

Thank you.
    08-20-2014 10:03 PM
    So I downloaded Foxfi, which required me to put a pin on the phone. I put one in, but apparently I put in a different pin than I intended.
    So now I'm locked out of my phone which has a pin password. Is there any way to get by this without a factory reset?

I have tried intentionally getting the pin incorrect, but not forgot pin or opportunity arises to log in via Google, in which case I would have my phone back.

I have also tried using Android Device Manager, but it is requiring me to "Set Up Lock And Erase" before I do anything on that.

I have also tried hooking up the phone to my computer, but the internal storage won't mount until I get the passcode right and mount the device.
    09-19-2014 10:19 AM
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Android DEVICE manager saved me.... wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Ashlee Andreasen likes this.
    09-25-2014 08:53 PM
    This worked perfectly. Thanks!
    Ashlee Andreasen likes this.
    09-26-2014 07:14 AM
    The google locator worked and I was able to reset my password. So happy.....I do not know why everyone didn't see your post either.
    10-04-2014 06:57 PM
    Ah, thank you sooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WORKED! After At&t and Samsung telling me i would have to reset my phone. Loging in and doing this process i didn't have to!!!!
    10-06-2014 12:31 PM
    pls how can i unlock my samsung s5 alternative lock
    10-14-2014 03:03 PM
    Thanks a bunch man!! You're a lifesaver IBMJunkman!!! I was honestly just about to reboot the damn thing cuz I was getting annoyed but then I saw your post and thought, "what the heck, I'll give it a try.." and BAM!! Took less than 5 mins for me to fix the problem! Thanks again bud!
    11-01-2014 10:39 AM
    Similar thing happened to me. Annoyed with fingerswipe so I changed to a pin code. The first time I entered the pin code it told me it was incorrect. Not sure how that happened since I set it up 5 minutes before with a pin code I'm familiar with but oh well. All searches turned up nothing except this one. My carrier, Sprint, was of no help. Seemed like they're not really trained for something like this. Samsung was no help either, even though I have a Samsung account, and said to contact the carrier. Luckily I had enabled Android Device Manager under Google settings to allow find, lock, and erase. I'm too new to post links but I logged into my google account, went to google.com slash android slash device manager. Then went to lock to set a password which overrides whatever security lock you have on your phone, logged into my phone and I was back in business. I really didn't want to do a factory reset because I'm lazy and I have no idea what is saved to the phone opposed to the SD card. Thanks to everyone on this thread for all their input, it really helped!
    11-10-2014 05:43 AM
    How do i get the device manager when my phone is locked?
    11-10-2014 06:44 AM
    How do i get the device manager when my phone is locked?
    What he is saying is, you must log into the Google device manager from your PC. Once that is done, and only IF you have previously set up a Google Device Manager account, you can unlock the phone from your PC and reset the pincode.

All you need to do is search for these words:

google device manager

https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager

The very first item will be what you want. Sign in, unlock your phone, and away you go.
    Jennifer Hamilton2 likes this.
    11-10-2014 10:08 AM
    none of these are working
    I got sick of the finger swipe so changed it to a 4 digit pin (which I had to confirm by repeating it, I did not get it wrong!) and now it is saying incorrect pin!
    I've tried at least 5x 50 times with all sorts of pins and it is not working
    I went onto android google device manager page thing, and it doesn't have any options except for:
    Locate (which it can't even do, and my phone is right next to my laptop!)
    ring (which it still hasn't done after about 1/2 hour ago pressing on tat option)
    and enable erase, when i click on that, it says requesting enable erase with admin, or something.
    Please help! i don't care about erasing it anymore I just need to get on it!
    Curse the day i changed from iPhone to samsung
    11-17-2014 06:48 AM
    Thank you for posting this otherwise I would have had to go into the store at the mall (during xmas hours!) to fix this. I think there must be a glitch with samsung if everyone is having the same issue of changing their passwords only to have samsung tell you its the incorrect pin! I changed from finger swipe to a pin and it said I had the wrong pin however I knew I did not have the wrong pin.
    Now that this has happened, I want to back up my phone so i dont have to go through the care of losing everything. How do i do this now

thanks!
    12-12-2014 03:42 PM
    Hi

I too changed from samsung to iphone to samsung again! I like the samsung much better but it sucks that everyone else has an i phone so you cant group text with them etc. Anyway...I just did the same thing you did and I too know that I did not have the wrong pin even though it said i did! I only ever use two different pins so if it isnt one of those then this phone is messed up. It must be a glitch. If you go to android device manager online, there should be three options for you: Ring, Lock or Erase. If you choose Lock, you can change the pin and this will reset your phone without losing everything. I just did this two seconds ago and it worked! Phew. Good luck!
    12-12-2014 03:49 PM
    Thank you SO much to the person who posted about the device manager link!
    I went through this process once before on a blackberry tablet and lost everything and vowed never to use their products again.
    And here I was with the same problem on my Samsung phone.
    BUT IT WORKED!!
    That site allowed me to login, remotely lock and reset the password and voila!! I was in.
    THANK YOU!!!
    01-05-2015 10:20 PM
    The above solution works!! I set it up after i forgot my pin and was able to create a new password and finally unlock my phone!! Thank you so much!
    01-11-2015 09:20 AM
    hi mens

my samsung don't open this lock with finger print please help mee!!!!!!!!
    01-27-2015 09:38 PM
    IF you have previously set up a Google Device Manager account, you can unlock the phone from your PC and reset the pincode.

All you need to do is search for these words:

google device manager

https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager

The very first item will be what you want. Sign in, unlock your phone, and away you go.
    Juan Echeverria1 likes this.
    01-28-2015 08:23 PM
    Thank you for the advice on using Device Manager. It worked and saved me a lot of grief!!
    02-16-2015 12:03 PM
    It is easy if you have a Google account linked to your phone, just Login into your Google account android device manager, go to enable lock & érase devices...and there you go...........
    03-16-2015 01:57 PM
    So I downloaded Foxfi, which required me to put a pin on the phone. I put one in, but apparently I put in a different pin than I intended.
    So now I'm locked out of my phone which has a pin password. Is there any way to get by this without a factory reset?

I have tried intentionally getting the pin incorrect, but not forgot pin or opportunity arises to log in via Google, in which case I would have my phone back.

I have also tried using Android Device Manager, but it is requiring me to "Set Up Lock And Erase" before I do anything on that.

I have also tried hooking up the phone to my computer, but the internal storage won't mount until I get the passcode right and mount the device.
    06-22-2015 02:57 AM
    I just tried the Android Device Manager and it will not let me unlock/reset the pin code.

It worked a few months ago, but now I only have 3 options: Locate, Lock, Reset. I choose lock, put in a new pin and it comes back with 'Google has determined your lock screen is already set, the password entered will not be needed'

UGH!
    08-06-2015 07:47 PM
    I forgot my password on my screen lock.
    12-30-2015 01:09 AM
    I just tried the Android Device Manager and it will not let me unlock/reset the pin code.

It worked a few months ago, but now I only have 3 options: Locate, Lock, Reset. I choose lock, put in a new pin and it comes back with 'Google has determined your lock screen is already set, the password entered will not be needed'

UGH!
    I saw this message as well, which left me a little panicked. However, in a futile, last ditch effort I simply reset the phone, and I'll be d****ed if it didn't boot right into the "swipe to unlock" screen. Feeling confident at this point, I went back into Lock Screen and re-enabled the PIN Lock, very slowly typed in a pin (the same one I used before), reentered it for confirmation, and was back at square one, again. A another simple phone restart and it was unlocked again. I can only assume this is a bug on the S4?
    01-26-2016 06:40 PM
    As a follow up on this thread, I have solved why PIN unlock was not working on my device. I had used Titanium Backup to "Freeze" Samsung Keyboard (because it sucks), and was using Hackers Keyboard instead. I went through the process of setting up a PIN with the Samsung Keyboard enabled and PIN unlock is working as normal now. So, a word of caution, if you're setting a PIN for your device, make sure you do so using the Samsung Keyboard only!

After enabling the PIN using the Samsung Keyboard, I "Froze" it again using Titanium Backup and it's still unlocking ok.
    Rukbat likes this.
    01-26-2016 06:51 PM
53 123