Forgot Pin on Galaxy S5 and locked out?

Juan Echeverria1

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
It is easy if you have a Google account linked to your phone, just Login into your Google account android device manager, go to enable lock & érase devices...and there you go...........

Deepak Gangar

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
So I downloaded Foxfi, which required me to put a pin on the phone. I put one in, but apparently I put in a different pin than I intended.
So now I'm locked out of my phone which has a pin password. Is there any way to get by this without a factory reset?

I have tried intentionally getting the pin incorrect, but not forgot pin or opportunity arises to log in via Google, in which case I would have my phone back.

I have also tried using Android Device Manager, but it is requiring me to "Set Up Lock And Erase" before I do anything on that.

I have also tried hooking up the phone to my computer, but the internal storage won't mount until I get the passcode right and mount the device.

ChuckS65

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
I just tried the Android Device Manager and it will not let me unlock/reset the pin code.

It worked a few months ago, but now I only have 3 options: Locate, Lock, Reset. I choose lock, put in a new pin and it comes back with 'Google has determined your lock screen is already set, the password entered will not be needed'

UGH!:(

qkzoo

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I just tried the Android Device Manager and it will not let me unlock/reset the pin code.

It worked a few months ago, but now I only have 3 options: Locate, Lock, Reset. I choose lock, put in a new pin and it comes back with 'Google has determined your lock screen is already set, the password entered will not be needed'

UGH!

I saw this message as well, which left me a little panicked. However, in a futile, last ditch effort I simply reset the phone, and I'll be d****ed if it didn't boot right into the "swipe to unlock" screen. Feeling confident at this point, I went back into Lock Screen and re-enabled the PIN Lock, very slowly typed in a pin (the same one I used before), reentered it for confirmation, and was back at square one, again. A another simple phone restart and it was unlocked again. I can only assume this is a bug on the S4?

qkzoo

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
As a follow up on this thread, I have solved why PIN unlock was not working on my device. I had used Titanium Backup to "Freeze" Samsung Keyboard (because it sucks), and was using Hackers Keyboard instead. I went through the process of setting up a PIN with the Samsung Keyboard enabled and PIN unlock is working as normal now. So, a word of caution, if you're setting a PIN for your device, make sure you do so using the Samsung Keyboard only!

After enabling the PIN using the Samsung Keyboard, I "Froze" it again using Titanium Backup and it's still unlocking ok.

andonandon

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
As most have stated, repeatedly entering your pin incorrectly more than 10 times will wipe your phone. May I suggest:

0) Check if you have setup Android Device Manager. (Google it) (google.com -- /android/devicemanager)
If you have set it up, and you see the Lock button (not "setup Lock and Erase" but an actual lock button), you can use it to lock your phone with a password and when you unlock the phone with the password, it will let you in. You may be able to recover apps and contacts however without the current PIN I'm not sure you can reset the security settings, but you can try.

1) Take out the SD Card before it wipes. This reduces the risk of losing what's on the SD card. If you encrypted your SD card, you may not be able to recover it unless you know the Encryption Key. I cannot help you there.

2) Take your phone to the phone company before you wipe it. It's worth a try, they might be able to get your contacts out or confirm you have some kind of cloud storage on your account that can be protected.

3) If you have Verizon Wireless, Login to the website, go to My Devices, Cloud Media and Contacts. If you setup Verizon Cloud (maybe you didn't know you did) you may see something like "64 Contacts backup: June 18... ". If that is the case, you will be able to get your contacts back to some degree. Note: Android is Google, so any contacts you had in Google will come back when you sign your phone in. Verizon Cloud can restore any contacts you have there.

4) In the future, be very careful and dedicate private quiet time to reset your PIN and Passwords. Be deliberate. You may be able to use the Google Play store to ID apps that you had on installed on your phone and easily have them re-installed.

After WIPE, sign your phone into Google. Setup Verizon Cloud if you have it, it should restore any contacts. Setup Android Device Manager (Do this immediately). Re-insert your SD Card.

Make a habit of practicing how to wipe and restore your phone and recover all your data. If you do this annually you will find your phone runs way better after a good wipe (silver lining).

Good Luck, you have my sympathy.

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
i m using Samsung Grand neoplus 52053.i forgotten my unlock key paten I try to press + vol up ..off batten and menu but still does not allow me to continue so now I want to try the backup pin which I for gotten please help

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX