I'm Done with Spigen

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hold your phone in sunlight at an angle and tell me what you see.

I see two tiny scratches that were my fault completely. You can avoid scratches without a screen protector. Such as I keep my phone in its own pocket with nothing else.. So it helps to avoid these issues. :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I see two tiny scratches that were my fault completely. You can avoid scratches without a screen protector. Such as I keep my phone in its own pocket with nothing else.. So it helps to avoid these issues. :).

I don't use a screen protector necessarily for items in my pocket, although sand and dirt are the most dangerous to a phone screen and in my profession it is easy to pick some up. I use it in case of drops mostly, If I drop my phone and it skids a couple of inches on the pavement, my screen is fine.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
After a couple of emails and pictures back and forth, Spigen decided to give me a free protector but only after I send them mine and wait unprotected for mine to get there and for them to send me another one. No thanks.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
After a couple of emails and pictures back and forth, Spigen decided to give me a free protector but only after I send them mine and wait unprotected for mine to get there and for them to send me another one. No thanks.

Well... Yeah of course. That is how usually any return works.. That way people don't get a picture off the Internet of a bad one.. Say send me another.. They send it and the person never sends it back. :what:.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Well... Yeah of course. That is how usually any return works.. That way people don't get a picture off the Internet of a bad one.. Say send me another.. They send it and the person never sends it back. :what:.

Well when I send you the order number to prove I bought it a couple of weeks ago, that should remove all doubt.

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site

That is odd because I once received a damaged Glas.t from Spigen and after e-mailing them and showing them the photos of where it was damaged, they agreed to send me a new one. So they sent me a brand new one and provided with the return package slip and then I had to send it my damaged one back. I'm not sure if it's the case because I received it damaged or if there is a different procedure for it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Well when I send you the order number to prove I bought it a couple of weeks ago, that should remove all doubt.

It isn't doubt if you bought it.. It's doubt if you'll send the old one back.. Or if it's even that messed up. A company has to receive the old to confirm the defect then replace.

This is honestly nothing new with any retail store I've ever dealt with. Not sure where you got the expectation for them to just hand out free replacements without confirming (in their hands) that there is a defect. It's simply them just covering their business.

I completely agree you should be replaced for free.. But of course you have to send yours back for them to see first.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I stopped paying Spigen for their Glas.t screen protectors, I have been using iLoome and Nilkin both of which are as good if not better and cheaper.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
It isn't doubt if you bought it.. It's doubt if you'll send the old one back.. Or if it's even that messed up. A company has to receive the old to confirm the defect then replace.

This is honestly nothing new with any retail store I've ever dealt with. Not sure where you got the expectation for them to just hand out free replacements without confirming (in their hands) that there is a defect. It's simply them just covering their business.

I completely agree you should be replaced for free.. But of course you have to send yours back for them to see first.

Also, Zagg recycles the old protector and turns it into energy. They have reason to require it to be sent back. No idea what Spigen does with them. But at least Zagg replaces BEFORE you send the old one back.

Otherwise people would just ask for another protector for a friend so they don't spend $40. I mean seriously do people think about why policies are in effect?

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

CompMan2012

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Bought a Spigen glass screen protector and installed it flawlessly. After a couple of weeks however, there are two big bubbles in the screen protector. After contacting them and verifying my purchase they offer to SELL me another one at a reduced price AFTER sending mine in. So I am supposed to go with no screen protector for a week so I can buy another screen protector they won't stand behind? Going with Zagg. Lifetime warranty.

Same here. Had the glass protector on my 5s and after a few weeks 3 bubbles popped up, then it cracked on me. Got zagg glass with life time warranty, can't beat that.

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
So I installed iloome screen mate flex, premium flexible glass. I did install it perfectly but somehow a tiny spec of foreign matter managed to get in there and I have no way of lifting up the screen protector to get the dust out. I wonder if it is even possible to lift it up a bit. I mean I had no problem with it on spigen nor the zagg glass lifting the corner up a bit but with this one being 0.12 mm and flexible I just can't seem to find a way. Any ideas?

I think I can deal with it as it's only visible in white background. while less visible on non-white. But still it somewhat bugs me.

Any ideas?

But then of course, I have another one coming so hopefully I can live with a single dust until I get the other one in the mail.

Last edited:

scipper77

May 6, 2014
Visit site

Nobody scratches there screen on purpose. It's all about resale for me. If I'm buying a phone I want as close to a perfect screen as I can get. The case covers everything else. In a few months when the new iPhones come out I'd like the option of swapping for the new one someone bought and then decided they wanted to go back to android. I'd pay $10-20 for that option.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Hold your phone in sunlight at an angle and tell me what you see.

I see nothing but a smooth glass surface on an 18 month old phone, but maybe that's because I carry a naked Nexus 4 and am thus always hyper aware of where it is and what objects may be in close proximity. As I said, if a screen protector gives you peace of mind, then it's a worthy investment. Personally I see them as an unnecessary hassle based on my own experience.

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I see nothing but a smooth glass surface on an 18 month old phone, but maybe that's because I carry a naked Nexus 4 and am thus always hyper aware of where it is and what objects may be in close proximity. As I said, if a screen protector gives you peace of mind, then it's a worthy investment. Personally I see them as an unnecessary hassle based on my own experience.

Excellent for a 18 month old phone, I wish I come close to that (smile).

CompMan2012

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
So I installed iloome screen mate flex, premium flexible glass. I did install it perfectly but somehow a tiny spec of foreign matter managed to get in there and I have no way of lifting up the screen protector to get the dust out. I wonder if it is even possible to lift it up a bit. I mean I had no problem with it on spigen nor the zagg glass lifting the corner up a bit but with this one being 0.12 mm and flexible I just can't seem to find a way. Any ideas?

I think I can deal with it as it's only visible in white background. while less visible on non-white. But still it somewhat bugs me.

Any ideas?

But then of course, I have another one coming so hopefully I can live with a single dust until I get the other one in the mail.

Man that thing will be tormenting you into the new one comes

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance