S5 on AT&T - what apps are unnecessary bloatware?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't have the S5. How about a list of what you would like to disable?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

jkleeb12

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I have the S5 and I disabled most of the at&t ones as I have at&t service. I haven't figured out a way to get rid of the 'Internet' browser due to I use another one. I don't think there is an app under the 'app' button you couldn't get rid of and not cause any problems.

Sent from Galaxy S5

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Verizon, but I would venture to say that any app that looks like a game, or service you don't need is okay to Turn Off.

Look at the Setup/Application Manager/running list.

Ignore all of the .com.android....... things, those are needed.

If the name plainly sounds like an app, ie NFL, Hockey, Angry Birds, etc...
and you have no use for it, Turn it OFF.

Keep a notebook about what you turned off. Turn off something then make sure the phone is still working for you. If so, go look and turn something else off. write that down, test the phone, and look for more to get rid of.

Over a span of a couple of weeks, you will get familiar with the phone, what it needs and what it don't and you don't need, and turn off all the junk stuff.

The result will be a phone that is very efficient on Battery Use.... my phone has been running now 34 hours since the last charge and the Battery Status is 68%. But, I have spent a lot of time learning my phone and turning off things that I don't want to waste battery power on.

YMMV, but if you study the phone, you will be very happy with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34