How many of you guys restart or turn off your phone?

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Just curious if anyone restarts their phone on a regular basis or shuts off etc. How frequently and why?

Posted via Android Central App

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Back when I had the nexus 5, IDK I got obsessed with cleaning apps and restarting the phone once a week.

Interestingly, I also got over it when I upgraded to the S5 & Z2. Strange.

"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras. " - MacKenzie (The Newsroom, HBO)

Sara Di

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I end up having to restart my phone once or twice a week due to Pandora refusing to close out. Had a super embarrassing moment at work today when my Pandora unexpectedly blasted out of my phone after I placed a phone call... Thought I had closed the app out.

machzk

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I also restart from time to time. I haven't any reason to per say buy old habits die hard, and restarting probably does good, and certainly not harm.

Sent from my Moto X...

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Which begs the question, if you do and you rely on it for an alarm it's not going to turn on and and do the alarm is it? Also, the phone is okay turned on and on a charger all night. Is it just old habit? I noticed this phone charges at 1.5 percent or so a minute, just curious as to why you shut it off. Obviously it's fine either way.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I shut mine off for a recovery reboot once per month. Other than that, I only reboot if I am encountering issues.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
On my old Galaxy 'S', the first Galaxy ever, I had to do that once a day or every other day or it would just hang up and stop working.

I have never needed to do that on the S5 (knocking on wood).

It is very stable (at least for me)

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Oh okay, you can clear the cache without restarting the phone. It's done from storage setting. So recovery mode does more than just clear the cache?

I knew about the Storage option. Not bad for a quick clear.
To the best of my knowledge, there are some (not many) system apps that can only be cleared through recovery. It also is a restart which isn't so bad for the device anyway.

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I knew about the Storage option. Not bad for a quick clear.
To the best of my knowledge, there are some (not many) system apps that can only be cleared through recovery. It also is a restart which isn't so bad for the device anyway.

How does one do that? The start button and volume and home key or what? Seems like I've done this but had a few drinks since then

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
How does one do that? The start button and volume and home key or what? Seems like I've done this but had a few drinks since then

You know, I just realized I posted in the S5 forum, so I apologize. Should be Home, volume up and power simultaneously until you see the first Samsung logo, then release. If you see small blue type in the upper left hand corner (based off the S4 recovery version) you did it right. Holding any of those buttons too long will result in a normal boot.

Ramer84015

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I reboot every night at 02:30 by using this app. You have to be rooted though. Playstore apps usually get updated after a reboot (at least it's my experience) so all this happens while I'm asleep :)

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I usually turn mine off at night. I don't need it for alarm or anything else while I sleep. So you that keep it on at night, do you use ultra power saving?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1