Return to Android from iPhone

IBMJunkman

May 10, 2014
Visit site
So, you are saying I can do some kind of backup in Win 8, built a new Win 8 PC and then restore and all my apps, profiles, etc would be there? On a new PC with a different CPU, NIC, etc. What is the WIn 8 function to do this?

Or are you talking about backing up the S5 and restoring to a new S6?

Last edited:

DaMaRa1109

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Regardless of how old the the iPhone is its the same. .5 inch bigger screen, slightly better camera and app loading time due to 4G.....sooooo not that far fetched actually.

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
While it may appear in defending Apple, I've also grown tired of the iphone and I doubt an increase in screen size will change that. As strictly a tool, the iPhone nails it because it just works. But I'm not that kind of user and I need to be impressed occasionally. Thats why I find myself regularly jumping over to the cool Android of the moment. The S5 is doing a great job of that right now.

Posted via Android Central App

hucworld

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
When I come into threads like this one and I see people bashing Apple every chance they get it saddens me. I understand that Android's OS gives you more liberties to customize your phone and monitor your heart rate and do other fancy things and thats cool. My question is what has Apple ever done to you guys that makes you hate them so much? I recently directed a friend of mine to check out this site as well as iMore. He was on the fence about which phone to go with. He lurked around here and saw the same bashing. He went over to iMore and his words not mine "Seems like iPhone users are more happy and carefree as Android users are more angry and arrogant tech geeks." Now I won't go so far as to say that I agree with him but I am see his point. So what the iPhone is simplistic and has less bells and whistles is that any reason to hate on them? Before any of you say anything about me being an iPhone Fanboy I own a S5.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
When I come into threads like this one and I see people bashing Apple every chance they get it saddens me. I understand that Android's OS gives you more liberties to customize your phone and monitor your heart rate and do other fancy things and thats cool. My question is what has Apple ever done to you guys that makes you hate them so much?

Very simple...

• Apple locks you into their system and won't allow you to customize it.
  • Apple over charges for every thing they have.
  • Apple will not allow you to use anything unless it is in "their store"
  • Apple will not allow you to buy accessories at a reasonable price.

In 1982 I had a Mac, 3 Apple II, 2 Apple II GS computers. Every time I wanted to add more memory or some other accessory, they wanted Rip Off prices. $350 minimum for a memory expansion card when I could get one for an Intel 286/386 based machine for $35.

I had been a very solid Apple supporter since the day they released their first one.... but their refusal to allow anyone else to provide reasonable cost accessories, or to price their products at a reasonable price, lost me in their camp.

I put an advert in the local newspaper and got rid of every piece of Apple crapola that I had.... Used, all of that was and still it brought me $3,000 because of demand for "reasonable prices" for Apple stuff.

I have never allowed an Apple product to touch my doorstep since and it will be a cold day in hell before one ever does.

CompMan2012

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Very simple...

In 1982 I had a Mac, 3 Apple II, 2 Apple II GS computers. Every time I wanted to add more memory or some other accessory, they wanted Rip Off prices. $350 minimum for a memory expansion card when I could get one for an Intel 286/386 based machine for $35.

I had been a very solid Apple supporter since the day they released their first one.... but their refusal to allow anyone else to provide reasonable cost accessories, or to price their products at a reasonable price, lost me in their camp.

I put an advert in the local newspaper and got rid of every piece of Apple crapola that I had.... Used, all of that was and still it brought me $3,000 because of demand for "reasonable prices" for Apple stuff.

I have never allowed an Apple product to touch my doorstep since and it will be a cold day in hell before one ever does.

I do beilive that's because apple is quality and it maintains it value. You would never get that much money for a used Microsoft PC.
Apple may not be customizable unless u jail break it but you need to root every galaxy phone to remove the bloat so what's the real difference?
Just another apple hater making its way into a android post for no apparent reason.

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Very simple...

While not as hateful as others, this is just further proving Jamesedwards318's point.

These are examples of things to dislike about about how you perceive their business practices but certainly no reason to hate a company. Why doesnt any other brand that shares some of the same philosophies and characteristics illicit these emotions? Is Mercedes and their prices/exclusivity any different?

Oh and btw- 1982? When no one was even interested in satisfying an Apple aftermarket? Are you seriously holding a grudge for that?

DaMaRa1109

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I think apple has beautiful hardware, smooth and polished OS, they have awesome and most of the time better apps that get updated quicker by developers and exclusive apps as well. My only problem w them is how conservative they are....if they release multiple iphones @ multiple sizes it'd be a good start. Also allowing users to customize anything besides the wallpapers and names of your folders would be a another lol.

CompMan2012

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I think apple has beautiful hardware, smooth and polished OS, they have awesome and most of the time better apps that get updated quicker by developers and exclusive apps as well. My only problem w them is how conservative they are....if they release multiple iphones @ multiple sizes it'd be a good start. Also allowing users to customize anything besides the wallpapers and names of your folders would be a another lol.

More like all the time they have better apps. Name a app that's better on a android.... It's almost embarrassing at times!
Anyone use I zip? It's a joke on Android. And what's up with a really good pdf app???? I use pdf expert for ios.... Android has no pdf app that even comes close to it. And that's just to name a few!

jasonprice

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
More like all the time they have better apps. Name a app that's better on a android.... It's almost embarrassing at times!
Anyone use I zip? It's a joke on Android. And what's up with a really good pdf app???? I use pdf expert for ios.... Android has no pdf app that even comes close to it. And that's just to name a few!

The difference has gotten a lot close though. Back in the ICS days of android the apps were just non existant. Nowadays an android app comes out pretty much the same time as an iOS app. Developers that said they would never code for Android have realized they are missing out and have changed their mind. I think overall policy regarding apps is more strict at apple, so the apps are slightly more polished.

All that being said, Ive been an Apple user for years and have just made the jump. The iPhone was a great innovation and changed the world, but its gotten stale. There hasn't been much that had really excited me about apple mobile for a few years now. 64 bit processor? Yeah thats great for the apps that support it, but they still dont put enough RAM in the iPhone and iPad to really make use of it. Everyone else has caught up in the screen resolution department, and I don't see them going to a higher resolution anytime soon. The fact of the matter is that Android has caught up to Apple and surpassed in many ways. The S5 caught my attention and am loving the freedom thus far. Maybe the iPhone 6 will pull me back, but they are going to have to do something incredible. A 4.7" screen is not going to be enough to bring me back. I need innovation.

CompMan2012

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
The difference has gotten a lot close though. Back in the ICS days of android the apps were just non existant. Nowadays an android app comes out pretty much the same time as an iOS app. Developers that said they would never code for Android have realized they are missing out and have changed their mind. I think overall policy regarding apps is more strict at apple, so the apps are slightly more polished.

All that being said, Ive been an Apple user for years and have just made the jump. The iPhone was a great innovation and changed the world, but its gotten stale. There hasn't been much that had really excited me about apple mobile for a few years now. 64 bit processor? Yeah thats great for the apps that support it, but they still dont put enough RAM in the iPhone and iPad to really make use of it. Everyone else has caught up in the screen resolution department, and I don't see them going to a higher resolution anytime soon. The fact of the matter is that Android has caught up to Apple and surpassed in many ways. The S5 caught my attention and am loving the freedom thus far. Maybe the iPhone 6 will pull me back, but they are going to have to do something incredible. A 4.7" screen is not going to be enough to bring me back. I need innovation.

What do u consider innovation? A bigger screen? A heart beat sensor that no one uses? A 16gb camera that can't compete with apples 8gb camera??? The reason why android apps suck so much is their unnecessary upgrades every 6 months. Developers can't keep up with them. Apple with their 4" screen is still in the top 2 and in my opinion is number 1. Just think about how many android phones are out there that try to compete with the one and only iPhone. It's a no brainier. No need to hate on apple they do it right and when android figures it out they might take over that #1 spot. But gimmicks isn't gonna do it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
What do u consider innovation? A bigger screen? A heart beat sensor that no one uses? A 16gb camera that can't compete with apples 8gb camera??? The reason why android apps suck so much is their unnecessary upgrades every 6 months. Developers can't keep up with them. Apple with their 4" screen is still in the top 2 and in my opinion is number 1. Just think about how many android phones are out there that try to compete with the one and only iPhone. It's a no brainier. No need to hate on apple they do it right and when android figures it out they might take over that #1 spot. But gimmicks isn't gonna do it!

Some people like being told what to do and being spoon fed. Apple is all about control of product and user. If you fit in this mold then Apple is for you. The restrictiveness and lack of user customization is why Apple will never surpass Android for my use and millions of other who know better!

CompMan2012

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Some people like being told what to do and being spoon fed. Apple is all about control of product and user. If you fit in this mold then Apple is for you. The restrictiveness and lack of user customization is why Apple will never surpass Android for my use and millions of other who know better!

It would be nice to hear some other reason besides being able to customize an iOS device. U want to customize iOS then jail break! That doesn't make android better. Just plain old ignorance.

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site

Control of product, sure. Control of user, no way. I laugh everytime someone says that.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
It would be nice to hear some other reason besides being able to customize an iOS device. U want to customize iOS then jail break! That doesn't make android better. Just plain old ignorance.

Control of product, sure. Control of user, no way. I laugh everytime someone says that.

Lets just agree to disagree here. If Apple works for you, great! Apple does not serve my needs, thats all!

DaMaRa1109

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

Oh no I can't that's what I'm saying lol .....although I don't think apple has allcast which I use everyday.

CompMan2012

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Return to Android from iPhone by Crapple

Oh no I can't that's what I'm saying lol .....although I don't think apple has allcast which I use everyday.

They don't have allcast but they have air drop which works with iPads, Mac books and iPhones. Not to mention that all devices works with Apple TV which blows any other streaming device out of the water.

Last edited:

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

Exactly and the naysayers to my post completely missed the point.

I will not ever again allow Apple to tell me what I can or cannot have on my electronics.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Ladies and gentlemen, please keep discussion productive and on topic. Personal attacks, insults, taking threads off topic and other disruptive posting behaviors are not acceptable. If you do not like a post, please behave like an adult and move on, or if you feel it violates the forum rules, please report it. At no point should members be calling each other out in posts.

Thread has been cleaned (a lot, unfortunately).

Let's reiterate one point: If you do not care for a post, there is no need to respond. Move along! Move along!

In the future please don't continue to engage trolls and other disruptive members. Hit the report button and let's not let things get this far out of hand.

Thanks!

jasonprice

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Ladies and gentlemen, please keep discussion productive and on topic. Personal attacks, insults, taking threads off topic and other disruptive posting behaviors are not acceptable. If you do not like a post, please behave like an adult and move on, or if you feel it violates the forum rules, please report it. At no point should members be calling each other out in posts.

Thread has been cleaned (a lot, unfortunately).

Let's reiterate one point: If you do not care for a post, there is no need to respond. Move along! Move along!

In the future please don't continue to engage trolls and other disruptive members. Hit the report button and let's not let things get this far out of hand.

Thanks!

Thank you sir. Sorry it got a bit out of hand.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellie10