Music not being played while from SD card.

CynicalLoner

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I just got the S5 and I finished putting everything on it including my music, which I placed on my sd card as to save space for apps on the phone's internal storage. I try to play music through the music app and through google play music and neither one is working. When I try through the music app, it says "Sorry, the player does not support this type of audio file." When I use Play Music it says "Music Playback error. Couldn't play the track you requested." This same thing also happened on my S4 with this same sd card, at first I thought it was just the S4 but now I'm guessing it must be the sd card. If I have to I will buy a new one, but I just need to make sure that IS the problem for certain. The SD card I'm using says Micro SD HC, it's a 16 GB and the brand is Kingston. The previous SD card I had used didn't give me this problem, but I don't remember what brand it was as that one was stolen from me. I'd greatly appreciate some help with this problem.
Thanks

Beyond Fire

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I just got the S5 and I finished putting everything on it including my music, which I placed on my sd card as to save space for apps on the phone's internal storage. I try to play music through the music app and through google play music and neither one is working. When I try through the music app, it says "Sorry, the player does not support this type of audio file." When I use Play Music it says "Music Playback error. Couldn't play the track you requested." This same thing also happened on my S4 with this same sd card, at first I thought it was just the S4 but now I'm guessing it must be the sd card. If I have to I will buy a new one, but I just need to make sure that IS the problem for certain. The SD card I'm using says Micro SD HC, it's a 16 GB and the brand is Kingston. The previous SD card I had used didn't give me this problem, but I don't remember what brand it was as that one was stolen from me. I'd greatly appreciate some help with this problem.
Thanks

What format is your music in? Have you tried using a different player from the Play store?

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Thanks

Have you tried reformatting the SD card?

You could also try using Google Music Manger and uploading the music through Play Music.

Posted via Android Central App

CynicalLoner

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Mp3, and no I have not tried using a different player from the store but I'd rather not there's not another way. The music will play if I put it on the phone's internal storage however, but it just won't play if it's in the sd card. So I really don't know what the problem is, the format shouldn't be the issue because I never changed the music's format.

CynicalLoner

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I tried formatting and putting the music back, that doesn't seem to have helped at all really. Some of the songs play now but they're playing at a sped up pace and I don't see any reason for that to happen.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I have AAC & MPEG with no issues. Lexar 64GB Class 10.

Either format or the microSD needs to be replaced.

CynicalLoner

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I have AAC & MPEG with no issues. Lexar 64GB Class 10.

Either format or the microSD needs to be replaced.

Ok so I should just buy a new sd card then? I'd like to know a brand that would work for sure so I don't have to repeat this again. Should I try that one you named? Lexar?

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I should just buy a new sd card then? I'd like to know a brand that would work for sure so I don't have to repeat this again. Should I try that one you named? Lexar?

Why not. Request an RMA on the other card.

Kingston is my favourite, I have a 64GB Class 10 on my Z2. Lexar is great too, bought because I got Best Buy to PM and had a gift card. No problems with both and I also format my cards to ExFat, not that it's necessary.

SanDisk was a PITA even the new replacement they sent died after a few months.

BTW, I also use stock music apps on S5 & Z2, again no problems.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance