Bluetooth Call Audio Too Loud

bbbrownbsu

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Has anyone experienced uncomfortably high call volume when using a bluetooth headset with the S5? When making a call with bluetooth volume on the lowest setting on both the phone and my headset it is still way too loud. When people talk in a soft or normal tone, the sound is somewhat tolerable, but if anyone elevates their voice the volume level is almost unbearable and the sound coming out of my headset even becomes distorted. I have tried modifying every setting I can find on the phone (enabling/disabling noise reduction, voice privacy, hearing aids, Soft sound, clear sound, created personal call sound profile (selecting yes throughout hearing test even if I couldnt hear a beep so as to create as soft of a profile as possible). Ive tried different dialers, and various equalizer and volume apps. I have also done multiple factory resets on the device. Nothing has had an effect on the In-call volume level.

Listening to music through my headset is fine, sound quality is excellent and I am able to adjust the volume to really low levels (so low I almost cant hear the music) only the call volume through the headset is what I am having issues with.

I use an LG Tone Ultra headset (HBS-800). This headset worked perfectly with my old phone (iPhone 4S) and there was never any issue with volume levels being too high (yes I know these are completely different OS's but wanted to establish that the headset works properly).

In addition to the Tone Ultra headset, I have also tried the LG Tone Pro and Tone Plus headsets, a Kinivo BTH220 headset, and a Bluedio df200 bluetooth adapter. I also tried an old Motorola bluetooth earpiece I had laying around (model# unknown). All of these devices produced the same result, good music quality and volume levels, but call audio was uncomfortably loud.

Since all of the bluetooth devices I used had their own volume controls, I noticed that when playing music, there seemed to be two configurable volume levels, the media volume level on the phone, and the volume level of the headset (Changing volume level on the headset would not directly change the volume level shown on the device). However, when making a call, the volume level on the headset and device seemed to be "tied together" (changing the volume on the headset would change volume level on the device).

Also, this issue is not present when using a wired headset and appears to be exclusively related to connected bluetooth devices.

As this is a corporate-issued device rooting is not an option.

I am on the Verizon network.

Does anyone know of a workaround or app that could help with this? As, I said...I've tried everything that I can think of and am currently giving up on my bluetooth headset so that I dont need to get hearing aids by the time I turn 30...

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, I can't help and I don't use a BT headset but I do connect to my car via BT and I've noticed that I don't have to turn the car's volume up when placing a hands-free call thru my car's Sync system. With my Razr, I would turn the car's speaker volume up. Do NOT need to do that with this phone! In fact, I've turned it down a little. And the caller's voice seems to be a little clearer. So for me, all this is a good thing. I just paired my Jawbone Jambox BT speaker for the first time. It's louder but I can control the volume.

Gregory Alonso

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I think the volume is 'nice and loud' I keep it in the lower end of volume range for bluetooth... my problem is when I use google plus. the audio signals for when its listening and when its processing your input is EXCRUCIATING

Greg.

Jawbone ERA
Galaxy S5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38