GS5 Photos blurry?

schwanz583

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Anyone notice when you zoom in on your photos that they are blurry? Mine is set to 16m, and when I zoom in on photos taken in daylight, there doesn't seem to be any part of the picture in focus... zoomed out they look great, but once you start cropping it goes down hill quick... going to mess with some settings and see if that helps. Just wanted to see if anyone else noticed this or not. Thanks! 😆

Posted via Android Central App

prlundberg

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Check focus, make sure the lens is clean, and make sure you are holding it still. You may want to enable voice shutter activation in camera settings if you have trouble.

It could also be that your expectations are too high. The tiny lens prevents it from being able to match a decent quality point-and-shoot camera, although it certainly comes a lot closer than I ever thought possible.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I for one, am totally impressed at how well this S5 can do.

I have some shots taken of stuff a half mile away and I can zoom into the center of it and it does not appear to be badly pixelated to me on the desktop.

You must realize that this is a single focus lens using individual image cells to record the light patterns.

It will never be as good as a film camera with a telephoto lens. Nor will it be as good as my 10 year old Digital Sony DSLR which uses telephoto lenses enabling it to record those "way off" shots with the same resolution as it would for a wide screen shot.

Here are the full size images for you to look at.

click here => https://www.yousendit.com/download/ZUczRFFUQzdoeWF4djlVag

There is a house in the background. It appears to be a tiny white dot in the photo, but when I have it viewed in IrFanView you can not only see the house very well, but the car sitting in the driveway as well.

If you zoom in so close that the house is 24 inches wide on my desktop monitor, yes it is pixelated, but it still looks very much like the house and the pixels are small enough to not ruin the view of the photo.

Tanabe21

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Anyone notice when you zoom in on your photos that they are blurry? Mine is set to 16m, and when I zoom in on photos taken in daylight, there doesn't seem to be any part of the picture in focus... zoomed out they look great, but once you start cropping it goes down hill quick... going to mess with some settings and see if that helps. Just wanted to see if anyone else noticed this or not. Thanks! 😆

I have the same issue with the phone. I compared it with my photos from my galaxy s3 and the s3 photos are better. I brought it to the attention of att they accessed my phone remotely looked at the photos and am currently waiting for a replacement. I also contacted Samsung and they sent me a check list of things to do multiple resets including clearing of the cache. I know we shouldn't expect the world from the phones but it's very difficult to have my nikon around for all special moments. Hopefully you get it addressed

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue with the phone. I compared it with my photos from my galaxy s3 and the s3 photos are better. I brought it to the attention of att they accessed my phone remotely looked at the photos and am currently waiting for a replacement. I also contacted Samsung and they sent me a check list of things to do multiple resets including clearing of the cache. I know we shouldn't expect the world from the phones but it's very difficult to have my nikon around for all special moments. Hopefully you get it addressed

Could you post some of these photos? I'm curious as to what constitutes poor enough quality that your carrier will replace the phone.

Tanabe21

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Could you post some of these photos? I'm curious as to what constitutes poor enough quality that your carrier will replace the phone.

Here are some. The lighting conditions were great if I didn't have pictures on my SD card to compare them to I wouldn't care. Using the app and at work so I could post comparisons. The photos looks pixelated and cartoony.

Attachments

• 20140513_090952.jpg
    20140513_090952.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 20140513_090952-1.jpg
    20140513_090952-1.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 79
  • 20140513_090952-2.jpg
    20140513_090952-2.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 28

schwanz583

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I take my photos without zooming at all, but when I pinch zoom after the fact, there all blurry. I didnt notice this with my galaxy s3 and with this one being 16mp it should be much better as its collecting a lot more data. I don't expect this phone to match my canon DSLR cameras at all. But am just surprised that the cropped in quality is worse than my GS3. if I could post pics to this forum I'd show you what I mean.. but apparently that isn't an option on this app..

Tanabe21

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I take my photos without zooming at all, but when I pinch zoom after the fact, there all blurry. I didnt notice this with my galaxy s3 and with this one being 16mp it should be much better as its collecting a lot more data. I don't expect this phone to match my canon DSLR cameras at all. But am just surprised that the cropped in quality is worse than my GS3. if I could post pics to this forum I'd show you what I mean.. but apparently that isn't an option on this app..

That's was my contention about it all, being into photography I know what digital zoom can do to photos so I stay away from it. You are able to attach photos from the app.

Rangana

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Well, I also came across a similar issue on the gs5 where the pictures were so out of focus. Initially I thought that this was due to low light, however some of the shots i took in bright day light were horrible. I was quite annoyed to see pictures taken with Note 2 and GS3 being better than mine after spending that amount of money on the gs5.
I took the phone back to the agent and after testing the camera and resetting, he also felt that there's something weird.
Anyways, gave the phone and am awaiting a replacement or a fix that they can do, thanks to the warranty.
I guess some units might be having an issue as there were quite a number of units that had errors in the camera which Samsung recalled.