Verizon S5 - What messaging app you using?

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Currently using EvolveSMS, but I also use Hangouts.

I wish Hangouts had a quick reply option, if it did it would be my daily driver.

Oh also I am having an issue with Hangouts sending pictures in landscape no matter how they were taken. Kind of weird.

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Stock. I like the fact that new messages pop up on the screen and allow me to quickly reply without having to leave the app I'm currently using.

scipper77

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm using the Verizon messaging app so I can also text from my nexus 7. I haven't really tried the stock app but may have to switch to get popups. Can I still use the Verizon message from my tablet if I make the Samsung messaging app the default app on my phone?

scipper77

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm using the Verizon messaging app so I can also text from my nexus 7. I haven't really tried the stock app but may have to switch to get popups. Can I still use the Verizon message from my tablet if I make the Samsung messaging app the default app on my phone?

To answer my own question, I switched to the stock messaging app on my phone and when I got home my tablet had received all of the texts I sent and received since then. This is great, I get to text from my tablet and I also get to use whatever messaging app I want on my phone.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I turned off all of the messaging apps in the phone.

Then I installed Go SMS Pro

I hear a single beep to alert me a msg came in and the Green LED turns ON.

When I have time, I unlock the screen and that message is there waiting to be read. I can reply/delete/ignore as I choose.

alil25

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I like the stock app. I tried others and didn't like them as much. I think the stock app is easy to use and has enough customization.

OverLordOfYou

May 31, 2010
Visit site
tried the vz message + but.... stock handles popups way better.

Stock: if I'm on chrome I can still use chrome with the popup still on top.

VZ Message +: I have to choose an option of doing something with it or get to it later (which makes the popup disappear) but also during this time I can't continue using chrome or whatever App I had open until that is handled.

throssel

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
I use Google Messenger. By far my favorite. Looks so clean and polished and the material design looks great. Simple and easy. Using the Google Keyboard with their material themes makes the whole experience great. I would definitely recommend Messenger.

• Samsung Galaxy S5 on U.S. Cellular

lgossin

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I use messages which is the stock app. To switch apps go to settings, applications and choose messaging. It allows you to choose the default app

Verizon S 5 B0G5 build

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome