I don't quite understand the camera... Quality is suspect

Dharma Jairam

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Like the title says, I'm a little perplexed by the camera on this phone. It's supposed to be 16 megapixels and I was hoping for a quick picture with excellent resolution... But that's not what I've experienced.

1. Sometimes it takes fast pics and other times it takes those slow pics when it asks me to hold the phone steady and it shows a round spinning icon (hard to describe). I'm not sure why it does this sometimes but not others. I'm not aware of anything different that I'm doing...

2. I haven't been dazzled by the image quality. I had an iPhone 5 with just a 8 megapixel camera that took just as good, even better pics... Not to mention lightening fast.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

CompMan2012

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I agree. I use both phones, 5s for business and the S5 for personal use and if I need to take pictures I do it with the iPhone. The only thing I love about the S5 Is the screen size and that I can use my gear 2 with it.

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Make sure "image stabalization" is off. This is really mislabeled as it's really a low light setting that takes several pictures at the same time and overlays them to create a good low light shot. It takes a couple of seconds to do this and you have to hold the camera steady for this time for it to work. It's not necessary in good light. Also be sure that HDR in on as the color saturation and overall picture quality is improved by this circuit. Be sure that you have the camera set to take images at the maximum pixel quality and that ISO and white balence are both set to auto.

The camera is really quite superb and I think you'll be very happy with it. It's easily the equal of the camera in the 5S and is probably a bit better in most respects.

Here's a good comparison of the S5, 5S and M8 with well laid out pictures to aid in the comparison: iPhone 5s vs. Samsung Galaxy S5 vs. HTC One M8: Camera shootout! | iMore

Last edited:

SteveMAW

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Make sure the very small piece of plastic is off the lens as well. I've been very impressed with the camera so far...after I took off the plastic.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad