Disable Wireless Charging Notification Sounds on Galaxy S5

Printable View

Show 100 post(s) from this thread on one page
Page 1 of 2 12
  • 06-16-2014, 09:07 PM
    rubdom
    Re: Disable Wireless Charging Notification Sounds on Galaxy S5
    Ok I'm a total newb to rooting. I downloaded and ran. The phone rebooted and now what? Is there a step by step guide? I'm stuck at trying to install the right clockwork mod recovery.....my device is not listed
  • 06-16-2014, 09:13 PM
    WhiteiPadMini
    Ok I'm a total newb to rooting. I downloaded and ran. The phone rebooted and now what? Is there a step by step guide? I'm stuck at trying to install the right clockwork mod recovery.....my device is not listed
    After rooted you may want to install root checker and see if you successfully rooted. You may also want to visit the xda forums as well.

Posted via Android Central App
  • 06-16-2014, 11:48 PM
    rubdom
    Rooted and sound changed! Much better! Thanks for all the help.
  • 06-17-2014, 12:50 AM
    Bert Shure
    After rooting, how did you change the sound?

Thanks!
  • 06-17-2014, 08:35 AM
    rubdom
    After rooting, how did you change the sound?

Thanks!
    Step by step:
    1. Root your phone
    2. Download root browser
    3. Find the wireless charging sound: system>media>audio>ui>WirelessChargingStarted.ogg
    4. Rename the file to something unique (i used oldWirelessChargingStarted.ogg)
    5. Find a sound you like and copy the file
    6. Rename the copied sound file to WirelessChargingStarted.ogg
    7. Profit
  • 06-17-2014, 06:02 PM
    Bert Shure
    Success. II had to try two File Managers before I was able to rename the offending file!
  • 06-17-2014, 10:45 PM
    rubdom
    Success. II had to try two File Managers before I was able to rename the offending file!
    Awesome! Glad you got er done. That wireless charging sound was totally annoying.
  • 06-23-2014, 12:39 AM
    Bert Shure
    Friends:

The beep is back!

Tonight I made a very small mp3 file with no sound and converted it to an OGG file, and moved it to my phone with Airdroid, and put it in the proper place.

I checked permissions, rebooted and I'm still hearing the beep.

I moved the renamed OldWire* file to another directory.

Aargh.
  • 06-23-2014, 12:43 PM
    Bert Shure
    Update: I found another file to rename Charger_Connection.ogg !
  • 07-05-2014, 11:22 AM
    renej
    I am new to all of this stuff. Where did you download the ATT root and other downloads that are needed (checker and others).
    Crossing fingers I do not ruin my phone.
  • 07-05-2014, 11:36 AM
    bigmatt503
    To root you need the "towelroot apk"... Super simple.. less than 3 minutes start to finish.. Oh yeah, it will not work with Firefox browser (at least for me)
  • 07-05-2014, 02:01 PM
    renej
    Help. Clueless about all this. I got S5 rooted, have Root Explorer browser, found the WirelessChargingStarted.ogg only by searching. Have a new sound ready but can not find the folder to replace it in except by searching and it will not allow adding files. Is there a better way or should I be using another browser instead. Totally confused.
  • 07-15-2014, 11:45 AM
    oceanjunkie
    I had Llama app on my phone so I set it up to set my phone to silent when wirelessly charging and the battery is above 98%. Then it will switch back to normal sound volumes when on battery power and the battery is below 98%. This basically silences the phone in the range where it will start cycling the wireless charging on & off. So far so good, although I would prefer not to have my ringtone on silent at night in case of an emergency.
  • 09-12-2014, 04:15 AM
    Bio Teacher
    Has anyone tried Blocking mode? Go to settings>[under personal] Blocking Mode. Turn on Blocking mode and uncheck everything except notifications. Then set the time frame for when you are sleeping or whatever times you want to be left alone. That should shut down the sound and the screen, but only when you want.
  • 09-26-2014, 07:09 AM
    ai4px
    1 Attachment(s)
    Since we can't root the s5 to get to that darned wireless charging OGG file..... I made an easel for my phone with a round QI charger in exactly the right spot and a magnet screwed to the top right corner of the stand. I programmed tasker to silence system sounds and notification sounds between 10pm and 5am AND in presence of a strong magnetic field. Works great!

My easel is here and works with the lifeproof case.
    You can find in in the 3dwarehouse for sketchup. Search for "Charging Stand for Samsung S5 with lifeproof case"

Attachment 138481
  • Show 100 post(s) from this thread on one page
    Page 1 of 2 12