Gallery Vs. Photo

Which Photo Storage App Do You Use?

• Total voters

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Which do you prefer and why? Gallery is the one preloaded as the stock photo storage app within the camera but that doesn't necessarily mean it's the better photo storage/organization option.

Just wondering which most of us use and what the reasoning is.

ericmazariegos

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I think that both have their definite advantages over the other. The Photos app is really simple to use and there is not much to it, therefore it is much more user friendly. The Gallery though is like the complete opposite. There are so many features available in the app, it's insane! Love that air view feature. I personally use both. I like the Gallery app to view photos I've recently taken or photos I've downloaded. I use Photos to view photos I've backed up to the cloud via Auto Backup.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
On my S4 I used to use Quikpic which is way better than the stock on the S4...on my S5 I use the stock gallery because they made it better

If I was to choose another, I would choose Quikpic

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I like Photos. I think it has a few more editing features than Gallery.

Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!

Darthstorm528

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
I use both, however Photos has snapseed built in which kept me from installing the actual app and saves my edits in full resolution unlike the stock gallery app but I use the stock gallery app for quick edits or moving photos to the SD card, file management or using the studio to Make a quick collage

Harry_Yambag

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I use Gallery but I'm a first time Android user (just switched from BB) and I just happen to choose it.

Glad to see I may have picked the better one lol

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I use Photo. I like the idea of Snapseed being integrated into the app.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app