How to Force Roam

truenoboy

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I get poor Sprint service in some areas, especially at work. I'm wondering how can I force roaming when needed? Also, would I get My phone is un-rooted.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Good question you have.

I am looking now in Settings/More Networks/Mobile networks/Global Data Roaming Access/
  • Deny data roaming access ( make this your default, unless you want data in Mexico, etc... )
  • Allow access only for this trip ( do not choose )
  • Allow access for all trip ( again, do not choose )

The above is NOT what you need, just mentioned it for FYI

I did a search for Roaming and the above is the only thing I could find AND that includes the Developer settings.

I suspect we do not have any control over which network is chosen.

I fully agree with your wish to avoid your own carrier in certain places as where I live we did not even have a Verizon cell site 3 years ago when I moved here. The other carrier signals were pretty weak in my house so I purchased a Network Extender from Verizon. Plugged that into my DSL internet hub and whamo! I have local Verizon network in/around my home now.

In the last year though, my need for the Network Extender is pretty much a moot point. Verizon has saturated just about the whole entire area around me for 50 miles now.

In your work location, would it be cost effective, or worth while to purchase your own Network Extender from Sprint and use it at work?

http://now.sprint.com/airave/?ECID=vanity:airaveaccesspoint

truenoboy

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Good question you have.

I am looking now in Settings/More Networks/Mobile networks/Global Data Roaming Access/
  • Deny data roaming access ( make this your default, unless you want data in Mexico, etc... )
  • Allow access only for this trip ( do not choose )
  • Allow access for all trip ( again, do not choose )

The above is NOT what you need, just mentioned it for FYI

I did a search for Roaming and the above is the only thing I could find AND that includes the Developer settings.

I suspect we do not have any control over which network is chosen.

I fully agree with your wish to avoid your own carrier in certain places as where I live we did not even have a Verizon cell site 3 years ago when I moved here. The other carrier signals were pretty weak in my house so I purchased a Network Extender from Verizon. Plugged that into my DSL internet hub and whamo! I have local Verizon network in/around my home now.

In the last year though, my need for the Network Extender is pretty much a moot point. Verizon has saturated just about the whole entire area around me for 50 miles now.

In your work location, would it be cost effective, or worth while to purchase your own Network Extender from Sprint and use it at work?

Sprint AIRAVE Wireless In-Home Signal Booster for Voice & Data

Looks like all the carriers offer them

AT&T 3G MicroCell - Wireless Signal Booster - Wireless from AT&T

Network Extender | Samsung SCS-26UC4 - Cell Phones
This one works with any Sprint phone.... read it

The one I have here in my home is just like this one, it is made by Samsung.

Walmart is in the game too!
Wireless Extenders Cell Phone Signal Booster - Walmart.com

That's not an option for me as those need to be connected to an broadband/dsl connection. Taping into my work network is not an option.

jasonprice

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I used that to get out of my Sprint contract back a couple years ago! Force roam to all the time and within a couple months I got a nice letter saying they were not able to provide me service any longer, and I had 30 days to find a new carrier :cool:

Best $4 you will ever spend!! I bought it because, like you, I live in crappy Sprint area (who doesn't though -___-). It's awesome and I'm always roaming on Verizon haha.

Tanabe21

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Prl helper on the app store, you will have to download the prls from xda.

Sprint did break up with me for running many 3-4 gigs on Verizon a month. They did waive all etfs on all my other lines though

Posted via Android Central App

JudH

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
That's not an option for me as those need to be connected to an broadband/dsl connection. Taping into my work network is not an option.

Are there others at work having problems? You might be able to convince your IT people to install one especially if the group offered to buy the device.

truenoboy

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Are there others at work having problems? You might be able to convince your IT people to install one especially if the group offered to buy the device.

With Sprint, yes. It's still not an option. I work in a financial card industry, so security and risk are priority.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae