My first galaxy S5

TechGod2014

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Can someone show me some tips and tricks with this phone? I did some searches but couldn't find anything special. I'm coming from an iPhone 5s. I'm looking for something more than customization. I'm able to change my home screen around but I want to see what all the hoopla is all about with these android phones. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Search YouTube for customizing/launchers. I learned about it after watching one from ColdfusTion.

Pro S5

TechGod2014

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Search YouTube for customizing/launchers. I learned about it after watching one from ColdfusTion.

Pro S5

Thank you for your quick response but I'm not looking to customize my phone as I like it the way it is. I'm not into adding apps that kill the battery because it constantly runs in the back ground. I'm looking for something out of the ordinary.

Thanks again!

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for your quick response but I'm not looking to customize my phone as I like it the way it is. I'm not into adding apps that kill the battery because it constantly runs in the back ground. I'm looking for something out of the ordinary.

Thanks again!

Not sure I know what you mean by "out of the ordinary."

Could you elaborate?

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Can someone show me some tips and tricks with this phone? I did some searches but couldn't find anything special. I'm coming from an iPhone 5s. I'm looking for something more than customization. I'm able to change my home screen around but I want to see what all the hoopla is all about with these android phones. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s5/394449-tips-get-started.html

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

TechGod2014

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Not sure I know what you mean by "out of the ordinary."

Could you elaborate?

Not sure what I mean either... Lol. My friends keep bragging about how Android is so much better than the iPhone, so I went out and purchased an s5. Was hoping it would open up a portal to a new dimension or something like that. Lmao

TechGod2014

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I do want to say that I'm loving the screen size and the phone being water proof. Not sure what dust proof is... Never had a phone go bad on me due to dust.... Lmao

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I do want to say that I'm loving the screen size and the phone being water proof. Not sure what dust proof is... Never had a phone go bad on me due to dust.... Lmao

It is useful if you go in dusty environments. And the screen size is great. It is a good size for a phone, not too big but not too small.

TechGod2014

May 27, 2014
Visit site
It is useful if you go in dusty environments. And the screen size is great. It is a good size for a phone, not too big but not too small.

I live in dusty environments. I agree the screen size is perfect. I played with the note 3 demo and felt it to be a bit too big for the pocket.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

There is another thread started today, one of the posts has all of that thread compiled into it.

* Tips for a Newbie, what they need to know