My first galaxy S5

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Not sure what I mean either... Lol. My friends keep bragging about how Android is so much better than the iPhone, so I went out and purchased an s5. Was hoping it would open up a portal to a new dimension or something like that. Lmao

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

A big thing between Apple and Android is the freedom you have with customizing your device pretty much to your heart's content. Apple is a "closed system" whereas Android is "open." You are able to access more of the Android device for customization and such. Apple likes to retain some control. Does that make sense to you? Maybe someone else here can explain it better than me.

harris hpe

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Techgod2014 if your not all ready impressed with the s5 over the iPhone, I suggest you return it and get back your iPhone. Or just simply type in YouTube galaxy s5 tips and tricks and you will see a lot of clips showing it off, then if your still not satisfied there's rooting and custom roms to try. Whatever you do good luck

Posted via Android Central App

TechGod2014

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Techgod2014 if your not all ready impressed with the s5 over the iPhone, I suggest you return it and get back your iPhone. Or just simply type in YouTube galaxy s5 tips and tricks and you will see a lot of clips showing it off, then if your still not satisfied there's rooting and custom roms to try. Whatever you do good luck

Posted via Android Central App

I still have my iPhone. I use it for business. The S5 is strictly for play since it doesn't for full my business needs. And I am impressed with the S5 but I wouldn't go as far to say over the iPhone... Yet. Trying to figure it out.
Seen a couple of videos last night on YouTube and I did find some good tips, but nothing to write home about.

TechGod2014

May 27, 2014
Visit site
What makes the iphone "suitable for business" that the S5 lacks?

This is just my opinion, don't want to ruffle any feathers... I know how some folks can be when it comes to their phones!

I use Microsoft 360 on my iPhone and iPad for business and the free office apps (pages, keynotes and numbers) that apple now includes with any ios device purchase.
I also use scanner pro for my business needs. I did like cam scanner on Android, but scanner pro is a lot easier to use on ios.
Also I use the Sandisk wifi thumb drive as an external hard drive to transfer files from my iPad and phones. The app which is free on both OS is way better on ios.
Again this is just my opinion since I was asked.
That being said I wish Android had these apps or equal versions because it would be much easier to use on this beautiful display.

I find myself using this device when I'm not working on something. Like changing the TV with the built in IR blaster, especially when my wife is watching it and she can't figure out why the channel keeps changing. I have her thinking there's gremlins in our TV. Also watching Netflix or hbo-go on it. I'm not a phone gamer so I haven't tried playing games on it.

I'm sure I will find more uses for it and hopefully with the help of this forum.

TechGod2014

May 27, 2014
Visit site
But I do love the size and feel of this phone. And the back even though it's plastic it feels great in the hand.

perfec1

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
the android intents that allows sharing between programs is one huge benefit of the android os. allows for easier workflow from taking a picture or screenshot and sharing it to your favourite apps.

Multi-window is another handy feature that i'm sure Apple will inevitably introduce into iOS in one way or another.

Enable voice commands to answer your phone by saying answer, or taking a camera photo by saying capture or cheese for example.

Widgets are a great way to have all your information at hand on the homescreen without opening an app. For example, the full size soundhound 4x1 widget allows to use soundhound without opening the app; and the results appear directly on the widget.

Chrome Remote Desktop allows you to control your computer over the internet, provided you have chrome and chrome remote desktop installed on your computer. It's quick and easy to set up.

Location aware homescreens like aviate integrate services like foursquare and provide relevant information depending on your location and time of day.

Another Homescreen replacement like everything.me is contextual aware and tries to provide relevant information from websites and apps in its handy search bar. It also auto sorts your apps into folders.

UCCW allows non-coders to make their own widgets.

IFTT which is now available on Android allows for automation

Use NFC tags for automation, shorcuts, etc.

Use Google Now for searches, keep up on sports teams, and your other interests.

If you've got money to burn, buy a galaxy gear 2 or fit for the luls

The Pebble smartwatch might be a better buy and android os allows for deeper access to your phone than iOS would.

Or wait and see if the moto 360 or LG watch lives up to the hype.

Last edited:

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
But I do love the size and feel of this phone. And the back even though it's plastic it feels great in the hand.

It's just going to take some time to learn the OS and the new phone. The longer you have it and understand it, the more you'll like it :D

TechGod2014

May 27, 2014
Visit site
the android intents that allows sharing between programs is one huge benefit of the android os. allows for easier workflow from taking a picture or screenshot and sharing it to your favourite apps.

Multi-window is another handy feature that i'm sure Apple will inevitably introduce into iOS in one way or another.

Enable voice commands to answer your phone by saying answer, or taking a camera photo by saying capture or cheese for example.

Widgets are a great way to have all your information at hand on the homescreen without opening an app. For example, the full size soundhound 4x1 widget allows to use soundhound without opening the app; and the results appear directly on the widget.

Chrome Remote Desktop allows you to control your computer over the internet, provided you have chrome and chrome remote desktop installed on your computer. It's quick and easy to set up.

Location aware homescreens like aviate integrate services like foursquare and provide relevant information depending on your location and time of day.

Another Homescreen replacement like everything.me is contextual aware and tries to provide relevant information from websites and apps in its handy search bar. It also auto sorts your apps into folders.

UCCW allows non-coders to make their own widgets.

IFTT which is now available on Android allows for automation

Use NFC tags for automation, shorcuts, etc.

Use Google Now for searches, keep up on sports teams, and your other interests.

If you've got money to burn, buy a galaxy gear 2 or fit for the luls

The Pebble smartwatch might be a better buy and android os allows for deeper access to your phone than iOS would.

Or wait and see if the moto 360 or LG watch lives up to the hype.

U rock! Oh and I purchased the gear 2 with the phone. I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk