FoxFi Lock Screen/More Information from the Developer

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
If you're following any of the Foxfi threads, you probably read my rant about not being able to get rid of the stupid lock screen PIN after I UNinstalled Foxfi. It took 3 emails to get their attention and finally an answer as to how to remove said stupid lock screen PIN. Just clear credentials. Just to verify, I emailed back and asked if this could be done on an as needed/wanted basis with the program installed. Answer? Yes the screen lock/certificate is only need when the hotspot is TURNING
ON.
I'm reinstalling Foxfi :)

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
You really don't even have to clear credentials. Set up the security as a pin and then enter the wrong pin 30x. After you do that, enter the correct pin, and then you can change your security freely and the credentials will remain. Foxfi will still work perfectly.

Sent from my XPS 12-9Q33 using Tapatalk

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
You mentioned this in another thread. Did you do this in Kit Kat? Cause it didn't take anywhere near that many attempts before Foxfi informed me one more attempt and the phone will shut down and reformat (or something along those lines).

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes I did this in Kit Kat. Never got a warning saying my phone would shut down and reformat though.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Jaycemiskel

user-online.png

You really don't even have to clear credentials. Set up the security as a pin and then enter the wrong pin 30x. After you do that, enter the correct pin, and then you can change your security freely and the credentials will remain. Foxfi will still work perfectly.

Am I to understand that this means that Foxfi/Hotspot will never again ask for a pincode to unlock the screen?

You mentioned this in another thread. Did you do this in Kit Kat? Cause it didn't take anywhere near that many attempts before Foxfi informed me one more attempt and the phone will shut down and reformat (or something along those lines).

I have to agree with Monica on this one.

Foxfi or the OS only allowed me something like 7 or 8 mistakes and it rebooted and erased the phone.

My situation involved the password also being set, when that happens the pincode is not used anymore. The phone insisted on entering the "correct password" just to open the lockscreen.

That is an intolerable situation, requirng way too many keystrokes with secure passwords involving upper/lowercase/symbols. I won't ever set a pincode or a password again. Once burned Samsung's fault. Twice burned, my fault.

chewiedog

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm running android 4.4.2 and tried entering the password incorrectly 30x and it did nothing. I still am required to use a PIN. Any other ideas?

Brian Baldwin

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Just tried the 30x method and no go on gs3 with kitkat didn't have the option to change security settings at after. I hate having to enter a pin everytime I want to get into it

Posted via Android Central App

Benzman22

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
On my GS3 I see where I can clear credentials but there are 2 types of credentials, system and user.
The only credential in the "user" credentials is the foxfi one. The "system" credential list is very long.
Clearing credentials will clear both types and that makes me nervous. I don't think I should do that. When
I tap on the Foxfi credential and go to the end of it I see where I can remove it. I might remove it and Foxfi
and just reinstall Foxfi when I need it. I seldom use Foxfi but it's very handy when needed. Any thoughts?

hari p

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,
I have solved disabling pin/password by decryption of memory card.

Samsung Galaxy:
Settings-->More-->security-->Encrypt External SD card-->disable.

After disabling go to my device-->lock screen-->Screen lock--> all the features will be enabled. You will be able to choose your own security now.

Regards,
Hari

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad