Favorite Launcher? And questions...

alil25

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I've seen some talk about using a different launcher and am unfamiliar with it, coming from iPhone. If I download one and don't like it, can I uninstall it and have my phone be as it was prior to the install? Are there benefits other than customization?

Also, what is your favorite launcher and why? Thank you!

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Yes, you can unistall it, and revert back to the stock launcher.
I prefer Apex, simply for the amount of customization available. Nova, is another one that is good.

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I gave been switching between Nova Prime and Action Launcher Pro. If Action Launcher Pro has unread counts I would stick with that for sure.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Nova Launcher, yes Prime is worth the upgrade.

I've tried 4-5 and IDK Nova seems to be the cleanest & simple. K.I.S.S.

I can't really describe any easier but it takes TouchWiz and just cleans it up. Also, any launcher I tried is not complete with add-ons like...

HD Widgets + Colourform/Kairo
Nox, Stark, etc. Icon Packs
and even Simple Text.

jasonprice

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I am liking the Google now launcher. Simple and the more they add to Google now the more useful it gets.

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

ahj4513

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Now I like the stock TouchWiz launcher. Before buying the galaxy s5 I was never a fan of touchwiz because it used to make my Droid charge lag like a 8 year old computer.

delivered by a USPS postman

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Now I like the stock TouchWiz launcher. Before buying the galaxy s5 I was never a fan of touchwiz because it used to make my Droid charge lag like a 8 year old computer.

delivered by a USPS postman

I am still not a fan of Touchwiz. But then again, I have only experienced it on the S3 and the S4.

tutor

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
ADW is my launcher of choice... although I didn't have a problem with TouchWiz, I like to be able to scroll my screens without getting to the last one and it not keeping going back to the first one. One issue I have noticed on the down side is that the "Go Google" thing isn't working on it now, but that isn't something I used (or it wasn't something I'm use to using).

debonu

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I have both Apex and Nova. But I am tending to use Nova more lately. I'm trying out the 3.0 beta now and it seems to be quicker! I haven't messed with any of the other new features yet, hopefully I'll get time today to do so.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Netherscourge

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I am still not a fan of Touchwiz. But then again, I have only experienced it on the S3 and the S4.

It's WAAAAAAAY more streamlined on the S5.

My wife has the S4 and the S5's is so much more logical that I don't know why Samsung doesn't just update ALL of their latest devices with the S5's Touchwiz interface.

May 19, 2014
Visit site
I tried to download Google Launcher but it says its not compatible with my phone?

Give Epic Launcher a shot. As far as the Google Launcher type launchers go, I like the best. It's not my daily driver mind you, but it's around. Not nearly as customizable as Apex, which is why I don't use it.

Bacilon

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
I really like Nova Launcher and I'm actually considering buying the pro version. My stock Samsung S5 text messaging app doesn't do pop up text notifications anymore after I installed Nova Launcher while using it, any ideas why? Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax