S5 = dust magnet

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
so has anyone's S5 been attracting a ton of dust? every time I pull my S5 out of my pocket a ton of pocket lint and dust come with it. I didn't really have this problem with my S3, dust got into the little nooks of the S3 and in the case I had on it, but on my S5 there's tons of dust on the screen and I always have to wipe it down before I use it to get the dust out of the way. anyone else having this problem?

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
You must live in a really dusty climate.. As you know the s5 is dust proof so what would of been absorbed by your s3 is simply on the outside and he's rite wash your clothes dude

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I wish I were only trolling you, as this is a dumb problem that I have with this phone. never had this issue with any other phone I've had.

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Seems like every other phone I have had has attracted more dust than this one......here's an idea, take a dryer anti static sheet and rub it all over your phone, perhaps your phone has built up a lot of static and is somehow attracting the dust.

mwboost

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Always more noticable with a black faced phone. We have the white and the blue s5. Of course the black shows alot more.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Is there a common denominator in these various dust issue threads? I've never noticed any dust on mine.

Yes, the common denominator is the people complaining of dust are keeping it in their pants pocket. I keep mine in a belt holster and no real dust issues with my black S5.

Rev.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Yes, the common denominator is the people complaining of dust are keeping it in their pants pocket. I keep mine in a belt holster and no real dust issues with my black S5.

Rev.

very true...lol

I only end up with dust on mine when in pocket...doesn't bother me one bit though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol