SD card question??

ep70

May 7, 2014
Visit site
I just installed a 128g SD card , and noticed that that it won't let me save anything to the card .. I would like all my pics, music and movie downloads to go to the card. Am I doing something wrong?

Michael Nancarrow

May 19, 2014
Visit site
I just installed a 128g SD card , and noticed that that it won't let me save anything to the card .. I would like all my pics, music and movie downloads to go to the card. Am I doing something wrong?

Zeodorda is well...right. The new update seems to block third party apps from writing to an external SD card- I hope this isn't the case for you! What sort of phone do you have, and more importantly what version of Android are you running etc?

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure the phone handle that size card? I know pictures and video I take are saved to the external card. I thought music that I download and transferred (BT) went to the external card but it doesn't! :eek: I can move it to the SD card but I'd rather it go there in the first place. Hummmm.
And if I create files from apps on the internal storage, I can't save them to the external SD card?

Last edited:

mujertins

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Don't listen to these people I've had much more sd card problems than one person can handle. It's just a faulty card, return it, get a new one abs everything should be fine.

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

ep70

May 7, 2014
Visit site
It will ask me for a pin when I go to format. On to which I have no clue what pon it eanta I never made a pin for the card nor the phone. This is starting to get a lil frustrating. Do I need to re seat the card or something ?

Posted via Android Central App

ep70

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Ok , my bad on the pin number, just figured out it was the lock screen pin lol. But , I formatted the card in the phone , and it shows the space open. But my pics I still can not move over.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

ep70

May 7, 2014
Visit site
ok , finally had a lil down time to read the article that Michael Nancarrow posted , and thank you. Good article to read , and it seems that only Media files , aka movies and music, can be saved to the card. One other question I have that I am unable to solve , is that my pictures seem to be duplicating themselves , with a Picasa emblem , and I am unable to delete them. What does that symbol mean?

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
dp70, your pictures (camera) videos aren't saved to the external SD card? Mine are. I transferred some music (BT) from my GN/2014 to the phone and thought they'd go to the SD card but didn't, but, I could move them there. When I have time I'm going to see if there is a way to default music to the SD card.

ep70

May 7, 2014
Visit site
dp70, your pictures (camera) videos aren't saved to the external SD card? Mine are. I transferred some music (BT) from my GN/2014 to the phone and thought they'd go to the SD card but didn't, but, I could move them there. When I have time I'm going to see if there is a way to default music to the SD card.

How were you able to move them?

Michael Nancarrow

May 19, 2014
Visit site
ok , finally had a lil down time to read the article that Michael Nancarrow posted , and thank you. Good article to read , and it seems that only Media files , aka movies and music, can be saved to the card. One other question I have that I am unable to solve , is that my pictures seem to be duplicating themselves , with a Picasa emblem , and I am unable to delete them. What does that symbol mean?

Picasa is an in-built feature in some phones for file sharing. I would suggest just go to settings, apps, find Picasa Web Albums and disable.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
ep70, first I created a music folder on my SD card. Then...Apps/My Files/Audio. Menu/Select/check mark the songs you want to move (or copy).
Menu/Move (or Copy)/SD card/select Music folder/Move Here.
And no, I'm not rooted. In fact, I'm confused (again!). I just glanced at a thread offering $18K to the person that can unlock the S5 so that it can be rooted. If it's not rooted, why are there so many "are you rooted" questions? The more I read about this phone, the more I appreciate the simplicity of a rotary dial corded land line :p

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
btw, if your pictures and camera videos aren't being saved to the SD card, you can fix that in the camera app. Click on the gear icon in the upper left corner/scroll down to Storage/and choose Memory Card

ep70

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for all the great advice guys. Michael Nancarrow, I did find the Picasa option to turn off the "view Picasa" setting in the gallery thanks again. Monicakm, thanks for the heads up on the SD setting in the cam settings. Found a few others I had been looking for as well .. thanks again guys

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke