Android OS using large percentage of battery on Galaxy S5

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm surprised at the posts so far saying nothing is wrong.

Something is wrong. Less than 9 hours on battery and only 44% is not good.

Did you try to reboot?

Posted via Android Central App

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
yes, I do realize that. I posted this to the wrong thread. had several open at one time. sorry about that. I deleted it for you ☺

anon(8082935)

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
My Moto X used to do this pretty bad. I had read somewhere that when you want to take the phone off the charger, turn the phone off, let it boot to battery charging/charged screen, and then unplug it and turn it back on.

I know it isn't the same phone, but it might be a KitKat bug. It helped me.

ExtremeNerd

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
This isn't odd at all. puremeerkat hit the nail on the head. You have absolutely nothing else running. Something is going to use a large chunk of the battery percent. Your Android OS is artificially inflated because nothing else is using battery at all.

Go through a standard battery cycle in a day. Browse the internet, play some games, listen to some music, something to make sure more than 4 apps are being reflected in that percentage. Then post the results if you think it isn't normal.

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I just noticed this today on my S5 also. 92% of the battery usage was android os. Screen was 3% and android system was 2%. Weird thing is I have used Google play and the eBay app alot today. Usually these apps show up on my battery usage screen, but not today. I haven't added any new apps, I've updated a few. Something has changed. Now to find out what