Weather Widget

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Weather widget that doesn't drain battery? The stock one is hideous.. I kinda like the weather widget from the stock s4. Is there something similar to that? Thanks.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I use 1 Weather and it doesn't seem to drain my battery. I have it set to show 5 day forecast (I believe this is the max) and it's free.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
HD Widgets. I love it very customizable that sometimes it can be a PITA (if you're anal like me, LOL).

Been using since I switched to android and only tried Beautiful Widget but for whatever reason I just didn't like it even though they look similar. As for Battery Life, I don't noticed any issues.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I just use "Weather Channel" and pull it up if I want it.

The standard Home Screen display temperature and basic info, like 'rain', or 'cloudy' or 'sunshine'

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
HD Widgets. I love it very customizable that sometimes it can be a PITA (if you're anal like me, LOL).

Been using since I switched to android and only tried Beautiful Widget but for whatever reason I just didn't like it even though they look similar. As for Battery Life, I don't noticed any issues.

I also use HD Widgets and I really like it.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Beautiful Widgets is what I use. Mainly because I haven't tried too many others yet.

Posted via Android Central App

Mattroid

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Beautiful Widgets is what I use. Mainly because I haven't tried too many others yet.
Same here. I either bought it cheap or got it for free (the Pro version) years ago and have just kept using it. I've not had an issue with it in a long time, and like the customizations it has, so I haven't bothered to try others in a long time.

novasquid

May 5, 2014
Visit site
i just tried out HD Widgets and i love the ability to customize the widget colors, including making the background transparent. another bonus is that you can select the weather source, accuweather, weather.com or wunderground.

Netherscourge

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I use Weather Screen. It's a widget + animated wallpaper that adds a cool weather overlay to your homescreen wallpaper based on the current weather conditions. (Shows moving clouds when it's cloudy, rain and rain drops when it's raining, snow, fog, sun, etc... and it overlays whatever wallpaper/background you want to use.)

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...rbeat.wallpapers.fx.color.full&token=yoiGZx6s

It's pretty cool. It also darkens whatever wallpaper image you use at night (puts the moon and stars in the background) and changes the color levels (if you want) for the different seasons.

As for battery drain... heh, well, since it's fully animated, it will definitely add some drain on the battery (when the phone is awake that is. won't do anything on standby mode).

And you customize the widget so that touching the time/date/weather will launch whatever app you point it to in the settings. I have it set to launch Yahoo Weather whenever I tap it. It uses AccuWeather for the stock weather reporting though.

It's not free, but I think it's one of the coolest apps on my Galaxy S5. I highly recommend it if you want to bring some more life to your phone!

ucfgrad93

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I use Beautiful Widgets for my weather widgets. The top 2 widgets are Beautiful Widgets.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-12-16-35-01.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-12-16-35-01.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 51

Mattroid

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Another example of Beautiful Widgets - this is the combined Clock+Weather 4x2 widget customized with icon packs and a transparent background. I have it set to open the full weather view with 5 day forecast when pressing the weather icon in the middle. You can also set it to use Accuweather or Weather Underground.

S5HomeScreen.png

And in case anyone is curious, that's running Nova Launcher, Nexus 4 Dot Live Wallpaper, Extended Controls widget up top, four folders with most frequently used apps, and Simple Calendar Widget at the bottom which is linked to several calendars other than my own (which is partially why some of it is blacked out...). I had a similar look and feel on my S2 which also had a custom icon pack that better matched everything else but I think I'll keep the majority of the stock app icons this time around...adds a bit of color I suppose...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca