Device Status "Custom" Without Customizing It

ryguy2008

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone,

Any ideas as to why my device status would show as custom without me actually customizing it? I've installed a bunch of apps from the Google Play store and Samsung App store, changed some settings, and installed a microSD card twice (I bought one then exchanged it).

I did install a different TTS engine from the play store but later uninstalled it.

Is this normal? I definitely didn't root my phone or do anything strange.

Thanks.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Did you change the runtime on your phone from Dalvik to ART?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

ryguy2008

May 23, 2014
Visit site
No. I don't even know what that means...

Strangely enough, I just accidentally did a force reboot of my phone. (I was holding power and volume up.) Now, my phone says official... Any ideas? Seems rather odd.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
No. I don't even know what that means...

Strangely enough, I just accidentally did a force reboot of my phone. (I was holding power and volume up.) Now, my phone says official... Any ideas? Seems rather odd.

It's just something that can be enabled in developer options that will change the runtime on your phone.

Anyway, that's weird. Not sure what else could have caused that.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

tutor

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Mine was doing the same thing. Upon booting it would also show an open lock and after going to sleep it would require a battery pull to wake it back up. After a phone exchange (my phone had only been 2 or 3 days old at the time) my second device started doing the same thing. I removed the microSD card and after rebooting everything was fine. Reinstated the SD card and I would have the problem again either immediately or after a few hours. I went out and bought a new card, had the phone format it when I put it in and haven't had a problem since.

Posted via Android Central App via a Samsung S5